Raincheck? °

The next morning felt weird. I knew I only had one meeting today but I couldn't get past what happened last night.

As we walked I thought back to my journal. I stopped abruptly and faced him. "Where is my journal, I need that back."

"As I recall you haven't signed the contract yet. Once I revise the contract, I will forward it to you to sign. Then and only then will you receive your journal back." I clenched my jaw. As much as I want to punch him, I knew I couldn't. "Why keep note of almost everyone you come across?"

"For safety reasons, I'm sure as an Ootori you do the same thing for your father and for the safety of the other hosts." I continued to walk, from the corner of my eye I could have sworn I saw a small smile appear.

"Information is power, as well as intellect. Now you are missing both, without your journal." He was clearly joking and I shook my head with a scoff. "Am I wrong? I mean you aren't even top of our class."

"You need it more than I do. Although my family dynamic is different from yours, you are the youngest and third son of Mr. Ootori. I however will be joining the group of whoever I marry. I may be the first heir but as a female, it is unlikely, especially with my brothers." I stated smugly, it was his turn to scoff.

"Smartass."

"Wiseass." I remarked smiling.

It was all in good fun, we both had a mutually understanding. Competing  with him will be a fun game. I put on my slippers and make my way to the boys' room. I quietly open the door and make my way to their beds. Grabbing the extra pillows I hit them at the same time.

"Come on, its Saturday I get to make pancakes for you both and we can continue painting." I smile and shake them as they groan and turn over. I earned glares from both but I didn't budge. I moved away from their room to the kitchen and gathered my ingredients.

"Akita, you know I don't like them having sugar this early in the morning."

"I know mother, I have opted to use sugar substitutes as usual." I lied and continued mixing the batter.

"If you would follow the simplest of orders, you wouldn't be such a burden. Whatever trouble they get into will be on you." I nod softly, not turning to face her. I heard her leave before hearing the soft patters of two sets of feet. I poured some batter into the pan and added a chocolate chip smiley face. While it cooked I sliced some strawberries.

"What other games shall we play today?" I turned to see Gomi wide awake as Tani was face down on the counter.

"Hide and seek, we have those card games in the game room." Gomi suggested and I smiled. This was normal for Saturdays. I would make them pancakes, we would paint, and in the afternoon play games. Once I had a stack of pancakes I served them and passed some syrup over as well as honey knowing they each had their own tastes.

Once breakfast was over Tani seemed to have enough energy to paint. I moved the curtains that covered the wall behind my bed and grabbed the paintbrushes and paint. I began painting my section as they did theirs. We divided the wall into three sections. Gomi had the left section, Tani had the right, and I had the center. We each had our own color scheme and art style. But that is what made it fun. Especially since we should all be finished painting our sections today. We all put our handprints in the center in our favorite colors and painted around it.

From what I knew, my mother had no idea I had this mural behind my bed. Its not like she ever entered my room, she mainly stayed in her study, bedroom, and sometimes through the halls. She always had the maids and butlers retrieve us from our rooms. A chime interrupted my thoughts, I pulled my phone out to see a message from Ootori.