Birthday Surprise

Tani and Gomi walked behind me as we moved through the halls to get to the Host Club. They joined me for the past two days after school so I could watch them while our mother was away.

"Now they don't know today is my birthday, think you guys can keep it a secret?" They nodded eagerly and ran inside. I opened the door to see balloons and streamers set up in the room. They yelled surprise and I looked at Kyoya, who was smirking behind his book. Of course he was behind this. A cake sat on the center table and Honey ran up to me excitedly.

"Mitskuni, Takashi, shouldn't you both be at Uni?" I looked at them but Honey smiled up at me.

"We decided to take a break for your birthday! Plus finals were last week and winter classes don't start until next week." He exclaimed holding Usa-chan close to him.

"Thats awfully sweet of you two. Now that you guys are here, you should meet my brothers Tani and Gomi."

"They are twins like Hika-chan and Karou-chan!" He introduced himself to my brothers as other wished me a happy birthday.

"You guys didn't have to do this, I would have been happy with just some quiet time."

"Nonsense! Of course we have to have a party! Mommy said only a small party should suffice." Tamaki hugged me tightly and I laughed.

"Alright now what else do you have planned, I'm not a big fan of surprises." I felt Haruhi pull me away from Tamaki and he instantly began to pout.

"You should make a wish before Honey loses his patience."

"Good thinking." Kyoya lit the candles and I thought to myself. I didn't want much except for one thing.

I wish for justice for my fathers death.

I blew out the candles and smiled at myself for such silly games. "Alright Honey you can get a slice now." I laughed when my phone rang, confusion crossed my face as I pulled it out. I excused myself and moved to the connected room before answering the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Akita Hasegawa?"

"Speaking, who is this?"

"My name is Konizuko Hina, I am calling in regards to Yumi Hasegawa's flight. Your mothers flight disappeared off the radar, we have been trying to track her jet for a few hours, but it seems to be missing."

This wasn't real was it? "How do you lose a flight? Surely they landed somewhere for emergency reasons."

"I'm sorry Miss Hasegawa, there isn't any reports of emergency landings along the flight path. We have to assume they crashed. Until-"

My mother was gone, but Kasanoda and I were still planning how to go about exposing her crimes. What was I supposed to say to Tani and Gomi, I wasn't ready for this. My wish... No, life doesn't work that way.

"Miss Hasegawa?"

"I'm still here, I'm just shocked."

"That is completely normal, in the case we find wreckage of the jet, we can only assume your mother is missing for the time being. If her jet appears on our radar within the next few days you will be contacted immediately. Is this a good number to call?"