Changes

I sat in my normal seat and pulled out my journal looking through the information about all the students. Who was I really doing this for? Grabbing my black marker I began redacting the information. Covering every word in black. When I reached my drawings I shut the book and feel eyes on me. I look over to see Kyoya, holding a question in his eyes but I simply looked down at my journal. When we were dismissed I tossed the journal into a trash can and walked to our next class.

Tamaki caught up and so did Kyoya. "What happened to you, you got hurt!"

"Tamaki its okay. I just fell and got scratched, nothing to worry about it." I brought a hand up to my cheek.

"And what about your hair?" I bit my lip.

"I thought it was time for a change, plus I missed my dark hair." Kyoya quirked a brow and I squinted my eyes at him. "Got something to say Ootori?"

"You threw away your journal and redacted the information. Something else must be going on." I shrugged as we sat in our desks for class 3D.

"I no longer need it. I am going to be getting a sketchbook strictly for practicing my sketching. I don't need to keep track of others anymore." I pull out my notebook for the class. The bell rung and class started interrupting any other thoughts Tamaki and Kyoya may have. They didn't need to know why my hair was dyed. I'm sure Kyoya had some knowledge but he mentioned the Ootori group dropped their partnerships with their group. I'm not surprised he reached out to my mother to tell her such lies. My pencil lead broke and I groaned slightly and realized I was scribbling pretty hard into the notebook. I stood up and asked to excuse myself which the teacher wove her hand. I left the classroom going to find a bathroom.

I can feel it coming on. I needed to calm down. I saw someone exit the stall and I stepped back. Music room will be empty, I couldn't remember how I got there but I was here, now curled up on my usual couch. Taking deep breaths I felt my hands begin to tremble. Grabbing at the dress, I felt like I was being suffocated. Shit, I left my bag in the classroom. Fuck, I can't go in there I would embarrass the hell out of myself.

I need to keep my hands busy. Looking around I found a violin standing near the piano Tamaki used. I picked it up, closing my eyes as I began to play. The sound soothing my muscles from the constant shaking. I could feel the soft vibrations radiating from the instrument. Memories of my father flooding my memory when he used to help me through my anxiety attacks.

'No matter what happened, its in the past. You have the future to look forward to, and you will do amazing.'

I moved the bow across, the sound soothing me further.

'Remember, match the rhythm of the violin to your heart. Feel all those feelings melt away.'

My heart rate slowed down and I matched the pace with the violin.

'I will always be here to help you. If you don't have a violin around, simply breath and tap your foot slowly.'

The song ended and I lowered the violin and bow. I open my eyes to see the light on and I turn to see the entire host club. Setting the violin back on its stand I turned to apologize.

"That was beautiful, Niko." "Yeah, where did you learn that?" The twins stepped forward slowly.

"Oh no my daughter is crying!" Tamaki nearly tackled me to the ground.

"Tamaki get off of me." I pushed him off and he began sulking.

"Mommy! Comfort her!" He cried and I wiped my cheeks. I actually was crying.

"I'm fine. I didn't even realize I was crying. Honestly, I'm feeling better.  I'm sorry I snapped earlier." I noticed Kyoya had my bag and I grabbed it, pulling out my change of clothes and going to change behind the curtains. Although I could hear whispering, I couldn't hear what they were saying. Most likely about me since I wasn't supposed to hear. 

"If you guys are done talking behind my back I will be more than happy to share." I shoved the uniform into my bag and adjusted my shirt sleeves.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." Haruhi stated and I shrugged.

"It won't be everything but it will be enough for me to share everything that is going on as of now. Perfect timing since you all aren't meeting with guests and we can plan for the Halloween costume party Tamaki wants." I smile and sit down on the ground as each of them sat down.

"So today is a rough day for me. Not only am I sore from my fall last night, my father died on this day seven years ago. When I felt my anxiety attack come on I left class early so I could calm down. Usually I would just sit alone to get over it but this is a music room I knew there had to be a violin in here. My dad taught me to play to reduce my anxiety. Turn what I felt in my body into music. That answers your question Hikaru. Tamaki, I said earlier that I dyed my hair. I didn't. My mother thought it was time to change my hair to better fit in what she sees in me." I was interrupted by Tamaki and I looked at him.

"What is black supposed to resemble then?" Impurity, shame, corrupted, and disappointment.

"Sophistication and elegance." Haruhi squinted her eyes at me and I held her gaze begging her to stay quiet. "She found it more professional than the white color. Especially since I cut my hair short, she wanted to change the color even more." I lied and the twins look like they were about to burst if they didn't get to say what they wanted to. "What is it?"

"Can we please do a themed costumes?"

Apparently we moved onto another topic as Tamaki got excited and started discussing possibilities. Kyoya nudged me and I looked at him.

"I think I speak for all of us but opening up was brave of you and we appreciate it. Helps us get to know you more." I offered a smile.

"Thank you Ootori."

"Why do we need matching costumes?" Haruhi groaned as the twins suggested she could play Dorothy.

"There aren't any twins in the Wizars of Oz as long as that is okay with you two." I mentioned and I saw their faces drop.

"You're right."

"Not many costumes we could do as a group has twins. Besides Alice in Wonderland but you guys did that last year right?" They nodded and I sat back as they discussed more costumes.

"Alright so I'm helping with management, I can call our vendors to bring some stuff in. Maybe we can make it more of a party/festival and add some games?" I look at Kyoya who adjusted his glasses.

"Could be interesting, what vendors do you have in mind?"

"Well fairs and carnivals have vendor games, they should be overall cheap and that way we are doing something different each event." I smile and I search for vendors writing them down into a notebook.

"We are still up for our meeting this Saturday, correct? We can discuss plans for the Halloween and who you find for vendors. And discuss the financials needed for the party." I chuckle and shake my head.

"I'm surprised Yoshio set up another meeting for us." Silence overcame us and I looked up to see everyone staring.

"Did you just call," "Mr. Ootori by his first name?" The twins nearly stumbled upon their words.

"Only to get on Ootori's nerves. The Ootori's are clients of the Hasegawa group, all in good fun." I stuck my tongue out at Kyoya and he rolled his eyes.

"Only children have fun anymore." He remarked and held a smug smile.

"Come on Ootori, even a Shadow King needs to let out their inner child." Kyoya quickly glanced at his alternate nickname. A tint of pink appeared on the tips of his ears before standing up abruptly excusing himself to attend to looking at out teaset collections for the festival. Did I make Kyoya Ootori blush? I would call that a win if I have ever seen one.