Running Into Trouble

I walked with Haruhi quietly through a mall I had taken her to. I had my right arm linked with hers as we moved from store to store.

"You know if you find anything you like, I am more than happy to pay for it." I smile and she shook her head chuckling.

"You said that multiple times already, also you shouldn't spend your money on me." She states, it wasn't my money. I wasn't gonna tell her that, she would only get more nervous. This was just another way to get back at my mother. Slowly but surely.

We walked into a store and I began looking at some tops and I noticed Haruhi looking at a plain wine red dress. I smiled and make my way to her. "Try it on, a dark red like this would match your skintone very well. And will bring out some of those yellow undertones in your eyes."

"N-no I can't." I looked her up and down and pulled a small off the rack and pulled her to a fitting room.

"Now, try it on! I won't be like Ranka I promise but this seems more sophisticated and more your style." She grumbled and closed the curtain. I looked around the surrounding racks and grabbed a velvet top and skirt combo. Smiling to myself I put it aside for buying later when she came out. "Haruhi, you look amazing." Her cheeks immediately flushed to a pink color.

"I don't know Niko." I turn her to face a mirror and slightly ruffle her hair.

"Imagine walking into a meeting, possibly one of the host clubs gatherings wearing this. I know you don't necessarily like attention but the feeling of that confidence soaring and the feeling of being free to wear it without the influence of Ranka or I. Now I won't push you to get it, that is your choice."

"Are you sure you can pay for it? Because it fits me well." I don't think I have ever smiled so big.

"Of course I will get it and you won't owe me anything from what you get this shopping trip, you did help me in one of my weakest moments and I forever owe you for that." She slipped back into the changing room when I looked up towards the door, my eyes met Kyoya's. What the hell was he doing here? He seemed exhausted and barely awake. Tamaki was half carrying him as the twins looked around.

"Shit." I shook my head at Kyoya as a warning, but it was hard to see a reaction in his state. They walked past the store and I let out a breath I was holding. I heard the curtain open again and I turned.

"Niko, you're pale. What's going on?"

"Guess who happens to be here?" She groaned muttering how she can never get away from them. I let out a chuckle and grab the dress and made my way to the clerk. I quickly paid for the clothes and motioned to the way they were headed.

"They went that way but lucky for us, we get to go right." I smile as we began our journey in the opposite direction.

"What are they even doing here, I swear they always seem to find a way to be around us." I shrug at her comment. As we visited shops and picked up some milk tea from a small shop, she turned asking if we could find a restroom. I nodded as we began looking. I waited outside with both of our teas when I heard a snicker. Sumida made his way over pinning me to the wall I dropped the teas, the liquid contained by the the plastic film. The back of his hand caressed along my cheek. His friends stood blocking the public from seeing anything.

"Back off Sumida." He held my chin tightly and my hands instinctively went to his arm trying to pry him off.

"Gave it to Ootori first chance you got but not to me when we were together." He squeezed my jaw roughly, pain beginning to spread.

"Leave her alone." I heard Haruhi angrily state.

"And what are you gonna do pipsqueak?" His friend stepped towards her, this was my chance. Bringing my leg up, kicking Sumida in the side and pushing him off of me. I grab Haruhi's hand and took off running. Sumida's goons behind us catching up rather quickly.