Chapter 8

"Ella, wake up."

I groaned in protest as I rolled over and was met with an empty bed. I sat up, confused.

"I have to get going, love."

I looked at Ben, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I sighed softly and got out of bed, walking into his arms. He pressed a kiss to my head and held me tightly.

"Go back to bed, Ella. I just wanted to say bye," he told me.

I shook my head. "I'll walk you to the door. It's the least I can do since you won't let me take you to the station."

"Okay."

I followed Ben out to the living room, turning a lamp on along the way. I yawned and pressed a hand to my mouth, trying to cover it. It was so early.

"I made you some coffee for when you wake up, and breakfast is in the fridge," said Ben.

I reached for his hand, making him stop. I felt my face frown.

"Why would you do that?" I asked him.

"You deserve to be pampered, Ella. It's the least I can do."

"You Brits are too damn nice," I grumbled.

I felt him shake in silent laughter as he pulled me to his chest again.

"Ben, when are you going to visit?" I asked him.

"Whenever you want me to. You can always come by, too. I'm not sure if I ever extended that to you."

I shook my head. "You figured I was too busy to take the weekends off from work since I've never really done that before."

"What's on your mind, love?"

"What are we?" I asked quietly.

"What do you want us to be?"

"More than friends. I think yesterday was proof that our relationship isn't platonic."

"Then we're more than friends, Ella Bella. I'll be seeing you soon, okay? Take care of yourself."

"Call me when you get home?"

"Always."

Ben pressed a kiss to my lips and held me tightly. I shut the door behind him and turned to look at my apartment. Not wanting to go back to my room, I went to the sofa and put on a Christmas movie, using the throw to cover my body. I curled up on the sofa and fell asleep.

~ ~ ~

I awoke to my alarm going off in my room, and I groaned in frustration. I got up and walked over to my room, turning off my alarm clock. I scratched my head and decided to wear my slippers before I walked back out. I sighed and grabbed my phone, padding out to the kitchen for some food.

I warmed up the coffee that Ben had made me as well as the food. As I sat down with my food, I scrolled through the news on my phone. I heard a key in the door and realized it was probably Naomi stopping by.

"Honey, I'm home!" she called out.

"In the kitchen!" I called back.

"How are you already eating breakfast? I'm not that late, am I?" she asked.

I shook my head. "Ben made some for me this morning before he left."

"That was sweet of him. He headed back to his place?"

I nodded, looking up from my phone.

Naomi was dressed for work, two coffees in hand. She sat on the stool next to me and passed one of the coffees to me. I thanked her and raised an eyebrow.