Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning feeling warm and cozy. I sighed in comfort before opening my eyes. I had managed to wrap my blanket around me like a cocoon, warming my whole body. I turned on my side and then sighed again quietly. No wonder I had felt so warm.

Ben was dead asleep, his face smushed against the pillow, one hand slung across my waist. His mouth was slightly open from his face being smushed, and I had to bite back a laugh. I smiled wickedly and moved slowly so as not to wake him up.

I clicked the picture and sent it to Naomi. It was only fair to return the favor, I told myself. He had so many of me and Naomi posed in unpleasant angles.

"Ben," I whispered.

He didn't even move.

"Ben," I spoke louder.

Nothing.

"Benjamin!" I shouted.

Silence.

With a sigh, I decided to poke his face.

His eyes snapped open and he grabbed my wrist, preventing me from poking his face again. He narrowed his eyes at me, and next thing I know, he was straddling me. He raised his finger threateningly, and I flinched.

"Not that. Anything but that," I pleaded.

Ben grinned wickedly and brought his finger down, poking my side. I twitched but tried not to squirm. Suddenly, I felt his fingers poking me and I burst into laughter as he tickled me. I squirmed under him, gasping for breath. This jerk.

"Apologize," he demanded as he tried not to laugh.

I shook my head, my eyes watering from laughing and squirming.

"Never," I gasped.

He tickled me more.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry for waking you up, you monster," I conceded.

He laughed but stopped tickling me.

"You're a jerk," I told him.

He smirked in satisfaction.

I rolled my eyes, pushing him off of me.

"So, what's for breakfast?" he asked me.

I shot him a glare, getting out of bed and stretching. As I raised my arms above my head, my shirt rose up a little, exposing part of my hips and stomach. I saw a look pass across Ben's face, but it was gone before I could read it.

I must be seeing things, I told myself.

"I don't know yet. I kind of want to stay in so I don't have to put on people clothes."

Ben laughed at my answer but didn't say anything.

I adjusted my shirt and pajamas and ran a hand through my hair. I checked my phone and saw that I had a text from an unknown number.

So, when are we making those better than sex macarons? ;)

I laughed as I typed in my response.

Looks like someone had a chat with Ny.

The response came before I had a chance to put my phone down.

I have genuine concern for your sex life if these macarons are better than what you've been having. Need a hand, Ariella?

I scoffed as I typed a reply.

SHE was the one who said they were better than sex. I was too busy eating to listen to what she said. Don't worry about me, Vinny. Be concerned for Ny, and maybe yourself.
P.S. I'll let you know when I have availability.