chapter thirteen - back home

The sound of birds chirping was comforting, however I still have school today which sucks. I get up from the couch making my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and take a shower. Today was a regular day so I put on jeans and a hoodie with my uniform shirt over it. I put my hair in a messy bun and walked out my house. It was cold but luckily I had my hoodie.

I arrived at the school and saw everyone walking and talking with their friends. I walked up to my class when I saw Tanaka. "Good morning y/n!"

"Morning Tanaka!" I smile as I walk to my seat. I pull out my notebook and a pencil when someone tapped my shoulder, "Hey y/n..."

I turn around and see Noya, "Oh hey Noya! What's up?" He seemed unsure of something, "Are you okay.. you know with what happened yesterday?" I half smile, "I'm fine, thank you."

Class began.

"EVERYONE QUIET DOWN! If you all know summer break is next week! That doesn't mean you should start slacking on your work. I will be handing out one last project before break."

I raise my hand, "um excuse me?"

"What is it y/n?"

"Why does our project say we will be working with someone from the school but specifically not in our class?"

"You didn't let me finish. Anyway everyone in this class will be given a partner from either the first year class or third year class. Your assignment is to give them a small interview-"

"What's the interview about?" Someone called out.

"I'll tell you if you all can let me finish! Sheesh anyways the interview will be about their school life and their interests."

"Huuuuuuh?" Everyone in the class was confused.

"No questions? Great I'll be assigning your partners right now. Here Tanaka pass this around."

When Tanaka passed me my paper I looked and saw that my partner was Tsukishima. "Who did you get Noya?" He glanced at me, "Hinata haha." I smile, "Lucky."

*End of day*
---------------------------

I could feel the aura of all the boys in the gym waiting for me. It was actually terrifying but I managed to continue and walk in. "Y/N!!!" Hinata yelled running to give me a hug. I laugh and pat his head, "Hi Hinata!"

All the boys ran up to me, "How are you feeling y/n?" I heard Asahi ask.

"I'm fine haha. Don't you boys have a practice match today?"

"Well we were supposed to have it next week but they changed it to today. Are you going to watch?" Hinata asked.

"Of course! I got to cheer you all on right? But who are you guys playing today?"

They laugh, "Nekoma and Fukurodani. Apparently Fukurodani has another practice match in Aoba Johsai so they have to come today." Daichi explained.

"Oh great." I laugh.

I heard the door creak, when I looked I saw both teams had arrived. "HEY HEY HEY Y/N!"

"Bokuto can you not be so loud?" Akaashi said.

"Hi Bokuto and Akaashi!" I say jumping up. As the boys were preparing for their game I walked up to Kiyoko and Yachi. "Hi girls!"

"Hello y/n." Kiyoko said.

"Hiiii y/n!" Yachi exclaimed.

"I heard a lot has happened recently. Sorry we weren't there for you." Kiyoko said.

"Nah It's no big deal plus you were busy so it's totally fine." She gives me a warm hug, "If you want to talk about it just let me know." She whispers. "SAME HERE!" Yachi yelled. I smile!

Nekoma and Karasuno was first to play. During their game I noticed how sharp Kenma was and how he brought the team together. "Wow!" After their game finished it was Fukurodani's turn. I walked up to Kenma who was already playing on his DS. "Hiya Kenma!" He looked up at me, "hi y/n. are you feeling better?" I sit down next to him pulling out my DS, "Yes of course! Wanna play?" He nodded his head and we played a few games while we waited for the practice match to start.

*After the game*
---------------------------

"Kenma..." I say whispering.

"h-huh? what is it y/n?"

"I'm going back home tonight." His eyes widened.

"w-what do you mean? how?"

"Don't worry about that okay! I just want you to tell everyone that I'm on vacation and I won't be back for a while. But I promise I'll come back." I say in a low tone. He nods his head.

"HEY GUYS! THAT WAS A GOOD MATCH BUT I GOT TO HEAD HOME. SEE YA!" I run out the gym not even looking back. When I got home I waited...

For some reason there had been many shooting stars appearing before me. At about 10 p.m the shooting star had appeared, "I WISH TO GO BACK HOME TO MY MOM AND BROTHER." Of course nothing had happened right there so I fell asleep.

*Morning*
---------------------------

"Y/N! WAKE UP BREAKFAST IS READY!" My mom calls from the kitchen. I get up nervously looking around wondering if i'm home again. "Hey loser hurry up and get downstairs before mom makes a fuss again!" My brothers calls out as he enters my room. I jump out of my bed and hug him, "I missed you so much...How long was I gone?" He pushes me back with a concerned look, "What the hell are you talking about?" Huh? I thought I had been gone for a while.