Boy Next Door (Alex Mercer x Male Reader)

A/n: Hey guys! I hope you guys enjoy this one! It might be a little rough cause it's my first boy x boy but I made it through and definitely wanna do more of them! Anyways I hope you all had a great Christmas and or Hanukkah!! (I know I'm late on those)

Requested by: @wondergirl1821 (Wattpad)

Warnings: Parents Arguing, Self Deprecation
————
I tiredly walked up the steps of my home after a particularly long day of school. Band practice had gone overtime. It'd started at 6:00 and it was nearly 10 o'clock by now.
Upon entering my house I already heard what I'd been dreading everyday of my life for the past 8 months.
They were fighting.....Again.
"Your an ignorant dead beat husband!" My mom shouted at my dad who sat glued to the barking lounger in the living room, not moving a muscle.
Their eyes landing on me as I shut the front door behind me. Letting my presence be known.
"Y/n" My mom spoke trying to act like they were just arguing a few seconds ago.
"Your home early"
"It's 10 o'clock" I stated walking past them to the kitchen.
"Oh is it. Didn't even notice. There's leftovers in the fridge if you hungry. Eat up so you can get big and strong"
"The boy doesn't need leftovers Dana. He needs to quit that sissy ass band and join a real sport like football or soccer"
"Harold we've been over this. Y/n is old enough to make his own decisions"
"Well his own decisions make him look like some kind of wuss"
Oh if my dear father even knew. I'd be kicked out. Or even dead.
I sighed immediately losing my appetite for any leftovers.
Quickly making my way upstairs to my room.
Assuring to sure to slam the door so they knew I was no longer present and they could continue what was evidently to come.
Within a few moments of me entering my room and taking my homework out, they were back at it.
My dads voice becoming known into the argument now. It was always the same things they fought about.
My dad coming home late from work every night. And when he does come home early all he does is sit in front of the tv and drink.
My mom working a 9 to 5 which in my fathers eyes she shouldn't do because he was making good money. But in all honesty she just did it to get away from him.
And their favorite topic. Me. Whether it was because of me being in my schools band. Or antisocial it always ended with me.

I internally groaned knowing I'd be getting no homework done tonight with the yelling in the background, it was pointless.
I quickly put away the scattered papers on my bed inside my backpack again deciding I'd get it done tomorrow morning before classes started.
Sitting on my bed I stared at my hands as the shouting continued. I needed to get out of here.
Looking around the room my eyes landed on my window. I stood up making my way over to it glancing outside.
My eyes landing on someone sitting on a roof ledge across the driveway. A teenage boy around my age.
I took it a sharp breath looking back at my door before looking back out the window. Taking the chance I opened my window climbing out onto my own roof ledge.
The boys head lifting from its previous spot in his hands shifting towards me.
"Hey" I spoke awkwardly.
"Uh hi"
"Do you mind if I?" I asked pointing to my roof below me.
"No. No go ahead"
"Thanks. I'm y/n"
"Alex"
"Why are you out here?"
"You wouldn't believe me" He dryly chuckled shaking his head.
"Try me" I challenged.
"I- I just came out to my parents"
"Oh....How'd they take it?"
"Not good if that's what your wondering" He said leaving me speechless.
Leaving us in silence.
A few moments passed before he spoke again.
"I- I'm sorry. You just don't understand"
"No I understand. I haven't even came out to my parents"
"Y-you're gay too?" He asked in disbelief.
"Yeah. Is that okay?" I tried to joke a small smile forming on his face.
"Well yeah. Your room just looks so masculine" He said pointing towards the window behind me that showed my very much boyish room.
"Yeah well when you have parents like mine. More specifically my dad. I kinda gotta keep it that way to make up for anything wrong with me"
"What's wrong with you?"
"Nothing that I know of" I stated earning a chuckle from him.
"They're actually arguing inside right now. I couldn't stand being in there anymore"
"Well then it seems we're both stuck out here"
"Looks that way"
"Do you wanna go grab a bite or something?" He suggested nodding his head toward the street.
"Yeah. Sounds cool"

"That's another thing we have in common. We're both in bands" Alex pointed out as I took a bite out of a fry.
"Yeah but your in this cool rock band. I'm in a school band with a large group of kids who I barely know"
"Can you play the keyboard?"
"A bit. Used to take lessons before my dad decided that was too feminine"
"We've been look for someone to fill the spot in the band. I'm sure I could talk to Luke about it"
"Luke?"
"He's the lead singer. He's chill. All the guys are"
"All of them?"
"Yeah. Luke, Reggie, and Bobby"
"So I got competition" I daringly asked watching his eyes widen.
My own eyes widening as he began to choke on the chocolate milkshake he was sipping on.
"Are you okay?" I asked standing up from the booth to pat his back.
"I-I-I'm good"
"Are you sure?" I questioned going to sit back down.
"Yeah y-you just caught me off guard" He stuttered.
"Sorry. I didn't have to mean it that way if that'll make you feel better"
"It doesn't. But none of them would be interested in me if that makes you feel better" He said gaining a bit of confidence.
"It does" I smiled watching as he moved his hand closer to mine until our fingertips were touching.
"So tell me about your friends" He changed the subject as he drank from his straw once more.
"Don't have any"
"Really?"
"Yeah. I'm more on the anti-social side. My anxiety gets the better of me sometimes"
"You get anxious too?"
"Let me guess another thing we have in common" I chuckled.
"Yeah. Yup.....Listen I've got band practice tomorrow after school. We could head to the studio afterwards and I could introduce you to the guys"
"Do you really want me there?"
"Oh 100%"
"Then that would be great" I spoke grinning at the blonde in front of me. The two of us gazing at each other until the bell of the diner door opening interrupted us.
"It getting kinda late..... We should head home" Alex suggested tilting his head in the direction of the clock hung in the center of the diner that read 12:32am.
"Right" I spoke standing up from the booth. Smiling when I felt his hand slip into mine.

"Thanks for the late night snack. I had a great time"
"I did too"
"So I'll uh see you here tomorrow?" I questioned hopefully.
"See you tomorrow"
"Bye Alex"
"Bye y/n" He said before I walked to the side of my house preparing myself to climb back up to my room.
"Wait"
"What?" I asked turning around only to feel a pair of lips land on my cheek.
I felt the blood rush to my face as a smile grazed his lips.
"Goodnight"
"Goodnight Alex" I whispered smiling at the boy next door who seemed just as content with the night as I was.
————
Up Next: Luke Patterson x Reader
Charlie Gillespie x Reader
Jeremy Shada x Reader
Charlie Gillespie x Owen Patrick Joyner x Reader
Reggie Peters x Reader
Charlie Gillespie x Reader
Reggie Peters x Reader
Carrie Wilson x Reader
Sunset Curve x Reader