"Where are Ron and Hera?" I questioned while I stepped out of the door and Ashlee busied herself with locking it up.

Two familiar voices cheerily greeted me. It was Hera and Ron, both dressed in suits; beautiful and broad smiles lighting up both of their faces.

"You guys look good; especially you Hera."

She smiled and bowed her head in an appreciative manner, "Thank you, Alpha."

I nodded and returned the smile, "Alright everyone, let's get going."

----

The entire mansion had changed within a span of few hours. It felt like I had walked into another place altogether. There were a plethora of decorations adoring the entire place, the walls were a glittering gold, massive glittering crystal chandeliers spiraled down from the ceiling, an extravagant black carpet lay on the floor, and the walls were draped with luxurious fabric. It definitely did not seem like the same place we had walked inside a few hours ago.

In addition to the decor, there were attendants situated in every corner of the palace, all of them dressed in similar black capes which highlighted their cold eyes. It felt as if someone had sucked the life out of them, making them operate like mere robots.

As promised, Lukas was standing at the foyer.

Judging by the expression on his face, it wouldn't be wrong to say that he appeared annoyed, most probably caused by our tardiness. However, he didn't express the said annoyance and choose to silently turn around and guide us towards the Lycanthrope Ballroom.

After being navigated through many turns and corners, we reached a grand spiral staircase which I realized was the first of the six levels of staircases we were going to climb. Ashlee was visibly panting by the time we reached the sixth floor, her hands desperately clutching Ron's arm as if her dear life depended on it.

"They could've warned us about this staircase to hell, I would've opted for a more comfortable option." Ashlee mind-linked and let out a painful sigh as we finally stepped onto the sixth level.

There were no other staircases following it which meant that this was the top floor of the castle. My four inch heels were also painfully digging into my feet by the time we reached, but surprisingly I felt fine.

We walked a few more steps and reached a grand, majestic golden door. There were two guards standing at the opposite sides. Lukas stepped forward and knocked on the door once. Instantly, as if we were in a Disney movie, both sides of the door opened, revealing an even grander staircase which led down towards a large room.

Ashlee let out another sigh, "That's it. Rest in peace, Ashlee."

I took a deep breath and proceeded in, my heart beat increasing with each step I took. I could hear the faint sound of chatter and laughter. My eyes went over the large room where groups of people were talking and drinking in dazzling costumes, while a beautiful melody played in the background.

A gush of wind embraced me, sending a shiver down my spine.

Wind?

I looked up and gasped.

It was the sky. The vast, seemingly empty sky stretched out for infinity; a canopy of dazzling stars sparkled amongst the sea of blackness. It was glorious, almost magical - forcing one's eyes to draw towards the heaven.