chapter 02

"The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times." - Paul Coelho

2.

Ethan kept staring at me, his face blank.

Whereas I took the God given opportunity to check the heck out of him.

He looked.....handsome. That motherfuvker.

A part of me used to believe that maybe he will turn out to be uglier. Maybe his personality would start showing up on his face or something. But sadly, no.

Seeing him after four years, I gathered how different he looked; much wiser and more mature. His black hair wet and pushed back, his grey eyes shining under the moonlight, a stubble gracing his face, and his naked chest and abs on display. My wolf wanted to pounce on him and at the same time cover him from the lustful eyes of other females. He was ours.

I shook my head vigourously. Ours? What am I thinking?

"He's not ours. I hate him." I shouted at my wolf.

"You can't hate him. He's our mate for a reason. Moon Goddess brought us together to be one."

I ignored my wolf's cheesy lines and looked at Ethan. He was still staring at me with a blank expression. Then in an instant, his face changed. He looked at me with a different expression now. An expression filled with disgust.

My wolf whimpered inside, not liking the look her mate was giving her.

"You happy now?" I snapped at my wolf.

Ethan was a jerk and clearly still is one.

---

Throughout the crowning ceremony, Ethan didn't look at us once. He didn't acknowledge our presence. My wolf retreated at the back of my mind, not liking the lack of attention given by our mate.

"Viv, you are still here. I'm glad," Elliot smirked.

"Do you annoy people for fun or is it your personality?" I smirked back.

His face instantly lit up, a huge grin forming on his face. Aaaaand, there comes his dimples making a sexy appearance and knocking the breath out of my body.

He looked soOoOoOo (the "O's" represent the state of my body) sexy

But not more than Ethan obvious-

What? Where did that come from?

"So what do you say?" I heard Elliot ask.

"Pardon?"

"Will you accompany this unmated, sexy son of a bitch for a dance, MiLady Vivian Alejandro?" Elliot winked and then gave a little bow, one hand behind his back and one offered to me.