chapter 35

"The best way to find out if you can trust someone is to trust them." - Ernest Hemingway

{Recap: All the packs representatives have made it to the Lycan Committee for the ball thrown in Vivian's honour. She dances with most of the Alphas, including Braden, Josh and Ethan. Tyler was missing and it turns out Leia (Randy's neice) is his mate. Vivian sees the guy she saw in the supermarket with the golden pin. She then asks Tyler to dance with her}

35.

For the second time in the night, I was escorted towards the dance floor. My presence there gave the remaining Alphas a newly found vigor; a new hope that they'll get another opportunity to ask me for a dance.

Tyler placed his hand on my waist and whisked me onto the ballroom floor. As soon as the musicians struck the first chord of the song, we began to turn and twirl. We embraced the music and in turn the music took control.

Tyler moved with clarity, and his movements flowed with grace that caught the attention of every person on the floor.

"Never knew you could dance this well. What other tricks have you got up your sleeves?"

He smiled and guided me across the dance floor as if we were living in a fantasy. He had his eyes trained on me, yet still, he knew exactly where to take me. His every moment, every angle, every step seemed to be thought out in advance. It felt natural, almost like I was floating.

"Everyone's looking at us," I whispered.

He gently squeezed my waist, "Really? I didn't notice."

My mouth twitched at his humour; glad to know that he was feeling better now.

"Something caught your eyes back there, what was it?"

I pursed my lips, "I think I saw the guy I met at the supermarket."

"The golden pin guy?"

"Yes, that very one."

Even though we were having a serious conversation, he was easily leading the dance and twirling me around the dance floor. We, however, did minimize our eye contact to make sure the possibilities of us being mates were eradicated from their minds.

"I've mind-linked Dad, Vivian. He'll alert the others."

I nodded as we continued to dance. My eyes caught a worried Aiden who was anxiously staring at everyone around me. If someone's eyes settled on me for a second too long, his eyes would dangerously narrow at them as if he was mentally visualizing ways to kill them.

Tyler stepped back, "Tonight, you're a vision, Bluff." He bowed down, "Thank you for the dance."

"The pleasure is all mine," I beamed and gave him a small curtsy.

The corner of his mouth turned up but it dropped as soon as it came when his eyes caught something behind me. Turning around to see what captured his attention, I saw everyone had ceased dancing and had parted like the Red Sea to make a path for Randy Black to walk on.

Please don't tell me we've to dance with him now.

Randy was quick on his feet because within seconds, he was standing in front of me, "Allow me to escort you to the Hall."

He didn't wait for an answer and began to march forward, not even bothering to check if I was following him or not. Beta Jonathan quickly came next to me and placed a hand on my back.

"Let's go. The quicker we do, the quicker this ends."

He offered his right arm to me, his left arm to his wife Ella and then began to lead us to our next destination.