jim carroll 🏀

It was 4 in the morning, I was awake. Don't ask why....I stay up late. Out of no where a bang sounded on my door. My dad wasn't home luckily he has the early morning shift.

I opened the door slightly and it was Jim. His mother told me that he wasn't doing good and if he ever shows up, don't let him in. I don't know if I could do that.

"Y/N, hi. It's me...it's Jim." He said out of breath and he sounded like he was sick.

"I know it's you silly." I said still not opening the door. Jim sniffled a little before smiling.

"Y/N, I'm in trouble. My mom won't help me." Jim said and my heart broke. I was told not to help him....

"Jim, I can't..." I trailed off with tears forming he looked so helpless.

"Please. Y/N! I'm sorry, for everything. Just let me stay the night, one night!" Jim said sadly. My heart couldn't be strong. I undid the lock and Jim came through the door and tackled me in a hug.

I took in his embrace. He just needs someone, if his mom can't...then I will.

"Come here. Do you want anything?" I asked softly brushing some hair out of his face. Jim shook his head.

"I'm sorry...." Jim trailed off again. I climbed in bed and scooted over so Jim could fit. He pulled me close to him and kissed my head.

"I love you." I said before closing my eyes. Jim rested his head on my chest, just holding me.

"I love you too, thank you. Thank you Y/N, thank you." Jim said. I knew he was all messed up and not doing so good. But I loved him too much to let him be alone and cut him out of my life.