shawn phelan 💟

"Y/N? Did you want a Pepsi or a Coke?" My friend called from the vending machine just across from us.

"Pepsi!" I called back before returning my attention to my nails. I admired them quite sassily and inhaled sharply. I was in deep need of some sort of manicure.

"Here." She handed me the can of soda. I gladly took it and popped the tab open, I actually loved Pepsi. It was honestly the best soda... I was so infatuated by the taste of the Pepsi that as I was walking away I didn't really look around me.

Before I knew it, I ended up on the floor with that same Pepsi dripping down my sleeves and shocking me with its coldness. I dumbly looked up to see who had carelessly bumped into me.

"What the hell—" I was ready to go off when I made eye contact with the boy. I stopped mid sentence when I realized that I physically could not yell at him. He looked innocent and sweet. Too sweet to be yelled at.

"I'm so sorry. I- I was walking over to talk to you and I didn't look where I was going. Jeez, I'll buy you a knew Pepsi. I'm so sorry." He apologized offering his hand to me. I took it gratefully and let him pull me up to my feet.

"It's okay, I'm fine," I smiled, "you don't have to buy me a new Pepsi." I laughed nervously.

"You sure? I totally will." He said.

"I'm sure. What were you gonna talk to me about?" I bravely asked.

"Well, I don't think you'll want to hear it after what I just did." He trailed off sadly.

"Try me." I smiled.

"I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go out with me. But, I doubt it's worth asking after this." If only he knew.

"Yes." I said back.

"What?" He asked.

"Yes. I'll go out with you." I grinned.

"Are you serious?" He smiled.

"Deadly."