Choker

"Here sweetie, a present for your first day at school," Mrs Kaminari hands her son a small parcel.

"Hmm? What is it?" He asks while opening he present. He pulls out a thin black choker.

"A necklace?" He asks.

"A safeguard," his mum takes it out of his hands and starts to put it on him.

"This way, you won't meet your soulmate," she explains.

"Also, it looks cute on you," she comments, brushing her son's hair out of his face.

"Muuuuuum stooooop," Denki tries to push away his mum's hands. She smiles at him.

"And now you can also do stuff by yourself. Make sure you're always wearing it, ok sparks?"

"Really! I can walk to school by myself?!"

She smiles sadly at him.

"We can't keep you in a cage forever. But this doesn't mean you can just run rampant. You still have to be careful ok!" The moment leaves as Mrs Kaminari's tone turns scolding, and she all but kicks Denki out the door.

"Now have fun! Make some good friends!"

~~~~

"I can't believe Mr Aizawa wouldn't even let me wear a plain metal chain to school! It's so unfair!" Ururaka complains to Tsuyu.

"You know how strict the school rules are, kero. What we should actually be talking about is the fact that Kaminari has never been told off for his choker."

Denki, lying on the couch, looks up from his phone at the mention of his name, and decides to join the conversation.

"It's because I'm good at hiding it, and it's a part of my hero costume." It might also have something to do with his parents calling in and explaining to the school why it's necessary for his safety.

"I still think it's unfair..." Ururaka grumbles.

"W-well um, I think you look beautiful even without the chain Ururaka!" Midoriya fumbles, flushing pink.

"Thanks Deku," Ururaka says, blushing as well.

"Do you know if they've touched yet?" Kiri leans over to ask Kaminari from the next couch over.

"Midoriya probably hasn't touched a girl since middle school Kiri. He respects women to the point where he won't even approach them. It's a miracle he even talks to Ururaka."

"Good point, good point," Kiri says, then starts rambling on about something else.

I wonder what it's like to want to meet your soulmate, Kami thinks.

~~~~

"Man I love the dorms!!" Kirishima exclaims to Bakugo, Kaminari, and Sero as they're walking to school then next morning.

"All our friends are here and you don't have to deal with your parents!"

"Yeah," Bakugo rolls his eyes, "instead we get Dadzawa. Fun."

"Aww you don't have it that bad Bakubro," Kaminari says. "We get to spend all our spare time with you. In my opinion, it doesn't get much worse than that."

"YOU SHITTY PIKACHU," he starts to run after Kami, who had a head start and is already far ahead. "IM GONNA KILL YOU."

"Bakugo sure is a time, isn't he," Sero comments, stretching his arms with his hands on his neck.

"Bakugo is the manliest guy I know!" Kirishima defends, and Sero raises his eyebrow.

"You don't think he needs to go to anger management at all?"

Kirishima's expression freezes.

"Maybe a little bit," he laughs.

They continue chatting as they walk, and when they finally get there, Mr Aizawa impatiently tells them to sit down.

"We're going on a class trip," he begins.

"Nezu, the rest of the teachers, and I have decided that you're all strong enough to look after yourselves, and as a collective be strong enough to defeat anyone. We've therefor deemed it safe to go on a trip."

The class begins to cheer, but Aizawa quickly interrupts.

"BUT, There will be many rules in place. And if any of these rules are broken, you will be sent home immediately. Understood?"

The class nods silently.

"Alright. These are the handouts of the rules, what you'll need, and all the rest of the information. 'I didn't know' will not be an acceptable excuse for anything, if you have a question, come ask me or another teacher. Well also be..."

Bo-ring, Kirishima thought. He turned to look at Bakugo, and saw him focusing intensely. If he needed to know anything, he could always ask that nerd.

He looked towards Kaminari, who was gazing off into the distance, obviously having thought the same thing.

Or he might genuinely be zoning out.

Kirishima looked down at the sheet, and skimmed through the rules.

1. Don't leave the designated areas

2. Don't use your quirk on other students outside training

3. If villains attack, you have permission to use your quirk to defend yourself and others, whether you have your provisional licence or not

Bakugo's gonna be happy about that one, Kirishima thought.

There was a bunch of other rules, that were basically like 'look after you're surroundings' and 'listen to your teachers', but they didn't matter very much in Kiri's opinion.

"Right, any questions?"

The entire class was silent. Kirishima looked at Bakugo. Bakugo looked bored.

"Alright then. Make sure to message your parents if you need something that you don't have at the dorms."

The class stared at Aizawa blankly. Aizawa looked at his watch.

"Mic should be here by now," he grumbled.

"YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAH I SHOULD," he steps into the room screaming, and the class winces.

"TIME FOR ENGLISH LISTENERS! DID YOU ALL STUDY?"

Aizawa sighs and shuffles out of the room.

Everyone in the class groans, except for Bakugo, Midoriya, and Todoroki.

Kirishima didn't expect any less. Bakugo leans towards him.

"I thought I reminded you to study dumbass," he hisses through his teeth.

"I did!" Kiri whisper shouts back. "But not everyone has the same natural affiliation to learning that you have! And I didn't know we had a test today, so I was taking it easy!"

Bakugo huffs loudly, and leans back into his chair as Mic hands out the tests.

"That's why I told you to study dumbass," he grumbles, looking down at his test.

Kirishima just groans.

Friendly reminder that they are Japanese, So English is the language they learns. They're doing like, a vocab test or something :P.