𝑖𝑛𝒉𝑎𝑙𝑒

ᵗʳʸⁿᵃ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ ᵗᵒᵍᵉᵗʰᵉʳ ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱ'ᵐ ˡᵒˢⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈ
ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ˢᵉᶜᵒⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ⁱ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ

ʰᵃⁿᵈˢ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ - ᵐᵏᵗᵒ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

Roddy sighed as he stared up at the ceiling on his bed

Roddy sighed as he stared up at the ceiling on his bed. Ever since he had seen Alaina yesterday, his head had just been filled with thoughts of her. Of them. Of the past.

He remembered when they had first met.

"You goofy as hell" he said, still laughing.

"I know you ain't talmbout me. You the one that started chasing me" she defended. He shook his head and stared up at the sky so she did the same.

"You know I used to stare up at the stars with my mama" he said. "Yeah?". He nodded. "After she beat my ass, she'd take me outside and point at the stars. She'd tell me I lost a star everytime I acted up" he explained.

"That's cute. Y'all still do that?" She asked. He side-eyed her before replying. "Nigga I'm 21. My mama don't whoop my ass no more. I'm grown" he answered.

"Hell nah. You never too old for the belt"

"So you still getting your ass beat?" He asked. "Unfortunately" she said as he laughed.

"Wayne?" She called and he looked at her. "I'm glad I came" she revealed and he smiled. "I'm glad you came too" he said, making her scrunch up her face.

"That sounds hella wrong" she thought out loud and he burst out laughing again.

The funny thing about their 'coincidental' meeting was that it wasn't actually coincidental. If he was being completely honest, he had made Big E stop the car and he had followed her inside the store. He wasn't sure if it was the adrenaline pumping through his veins or how breathtakingly beautiful she looked under the street lamps that made him get out the car but he was glad he did.

He also remembered the first time they kissed. They had been talking for the longest and he honestly thought she didn't see him as more than a friend.

_

A tiny smile rested permanently on Alaina's face as she watched throwback videos with Zee. Apparently, Naya and Evan found the things they did way back then hilarious cause they had been laughing nonstop at their goofiness.

"Oh my God! I have a zit" Zee whined in the video. "I'm never gonna get married. Nobody's gonna wanna marry me. I'm ugly now. I'm defected. I'm a m- Oh my God! Are you recording me? Noooooo" she wailed and dramatically fell back on the bed.

The next video started playing and everybody visibly tensed up at the sight.

Roddy was getting dressed in front of the mirror while Alaina was still in bed. It looked like they were in Alaina's old bedroom.

"Where you going?" Alaina's voice came.

Zee immediately made to stop the video but Alaina stopped her, wanting to see how it would play out, even though she knew it would do her no good.

"I gotta get to the studio" he answered, buttoning up his shirt. "And you gotta get to school"

"Ion got no classes today" she said. "Stay wimme"

"You know I ain't finna do that. I been putting off work for the longest and I gotta make moves". He moved away from the mirror and came to her to place a kiss on her lips.

"Okay then. I love you"

"Luh you too shawty" he reciprocated and left the room.

"He gon' be back in three, two, on-" her counting was cut off by Roddy, who ran back inside the room and jumped on top of her, making her let out a squeal.

The video ended and another one started.

"You good?" Zee whispered to her and she nodded.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She answered back with a question, her voice barely a whisper. Zee looked like she was about to ask another question but she couldn't because Lay's phone interrupted them when it rang out.

Lay looked down at the phone on her lap and saw 'Danny❤️' across the screen.

"I gotta take this". She excused herself and answered the call as she walked into the kitchen with it.

"Hey baby" she said.

"Hey. How you doing?" Danny asked.

"I'm good. You?"

"I miss you" he revealed and she smiled.

"I've only been gone a day, Danny"

"So? That's more than enough time to miss you. Plus i-" he stopped talking and Lay could hear another voice on his end of the line.

"I gotta go. My break's over" he informed her.

"It's cool. I'll call you later"

"Yeah. I love you"

"Love you too. Bye" she hung up and tucked the phone back into the pocket of her jeans. To be completely honest, she had almost forgotten about Daniel. She had just been completely overwhelmed with almost coming face to face with Roddy.

She knew she would have to face him eventually. They had the same circle of friends and everything. She just wanted to know how much longer she could put it off.

"We wanna start up a movie, you in?" Evan asked from behind, making her jump.

"Yeah. Be there in a minute"

"Good" he said and left. She took a deep breath and calmed herself down a bit before going back out to join them.

××

Short ass chapter for such a long wait, I know. Sorry bout that.
Another longer update coming soon tho.

School was fucking hell and I'm glad I'm back tho. Unfortunately I gotta go back sooner or later😩

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks

Not edited.