chapter 20

Corbyn's pov

Am I doing things wrong?

Words bang inside my head.

You are failing with Daniel

This hurts.

Worthless.
A bad boyfriend.
You don't give Daniel enough love and attention.

I feel like the dark room is swallowing me as I lie awake in silence, Daniel peacefully asleep next to me.
I had been in my thoughts so much lately that they have become demons spinning around my mind and keeping me awake.

Silence is the worst.

I get up quietly and walk into the bathroom, turning the lights on and leaning forward against the sink.
My face looks tired.
Am I too ugly? Have I become uglier?

"Corby?" a soft voice asks from behind me. Daniel walks closer and I feel his arms wrap around my waist from behind. He leans his front against my bare back and hugs me tight.
I feel safe.

"What's on your mind Corby? Please tell me" he whispers, his breath tickling my skin.
Letting out a sigh I turn around to pick him up and place him on the counter top.
His hands reach to touch my cheek gently and his kind eyes make me soft.

"I hear voices. They say bad things."

Why did you say that and not just stay strong

"Oh Corbyn. Baby, why didn't you tell earlier?" he talks softly, taking the role I usually have as the 'care taker'.
I let out a quiet sob and reach to hug my boyfriend who caresses my hair.
"Let's go to bed yeah?"

I nod and walk back to bed with Daniel.
As we flop down, I rest my head on his chest and let myself enjoy the warmth of him.
"Corbyn" he calls softly and I lift my head.
"What were the thoughts about?"

Looking down I mumble something but I know he can't hear me properly. Soon I'm looking back into his eyes that I get lost, and he makes me talk. At that moment I let it all out.
"I'm not good enough for you. Not good looking enough, not giving enough love, not taking care of you like I should. And now I feel weak for telling this all. I can't even sleep anymore because it's the worst at night." I ramble and feel tears run down my cheeks.

Soon they are wiped away though, which brings a small smile on my face. Daniel closes me in a hug and kisses my hair soothingly. I love this. I love him.
I'm safe.

//okay i dunno what this was, this SUCKED but i just wanted something wannabe interesting to happen
also- voices in head suck
i hope y'all are doing good🥺