chapter 16

thank you for the help bub divinedorbyn 🥰🥺✨

Corbyn's pov

"Time to wake up, sweet boy" I whisper into Daniel's ear causing him to stir. I kiss his nose softly which clearly tickles as he lets out a giggle.

It's a rainy, boring day which we've so far spent by cuddling and Daniel taking a nap that I just woke him up from.

His bright eyes flutter open and he looks up at me making a smile form on my face.
"Did you have a good nap, baby?"
He nods with a quiet "yeah" with a soft voice, the one he uses when slipping into his headspace.

"Dani getting little?" I lift him so he's sitting on my lap, soon feeling him start playing with my hair.
"Yeah.. Dani wittle" he whispers and tiredly hides his face into my neck.

Picking him up I walk to the kitchen as I know he's getting hungry. Looking through the fridge a small panic washes over me when I find out we don't really have anything to eat.

Daniel's warm hand touches mine and he looks worriedly at me as I let out a sigh.
"What Cowby?" he talks softly melting my heart once again.
'Going out to eat it is' I think, feeling too exhausted to go buy groceries and make food for us.

•••••••

"Chick-fil-a is there, is it okay baby?"
I look at Daniel sitting next to me, playing with his fingers. Earning a nod in agreement I pull up and we hop out the car, walking hand in hand into the place.

After sitting down in our booth we start a small convo until the waiter, about 30 year old man, walks over to us.
"Hello, what would you two like to order?" he asks as he eyes Daniel who's looking down. Not letting my blood start boiling I just brush it off.

"I'll take the chicken sandwich with ice tea please" I say and watch the waiter quickly glance at me before writing it up.
Lowering my hand on Daniel's thigh I turn to look at him and give a reassuring smile.

"Kids' nuggets and apple juice, pwease" he says as I pull him closer to me, knowing how scary it sometimes is for him to talk in public.
"Good job honey" I whisper and look back up at the waiter. Which I regret.

The man is staring at us with a weird look on his face. At the same time funny and disgusted.
"What?" he asks loudly staring at Daniel. My poor baby looks back in horror, clearly scared and tears in his eyes. I glare at the waiter signaling for him to explain why he's acting this weird.

"He's an adult. Why the fuck is he talking like a baby? And ordering food that's meant for kids? You are 15 years too old for that!" he rages as I listen in disbelief, standing up angrily.
Pushing his chest and making him stumble back I grab Daniel's hand, not even bothering to start yelling back.

"Don't talk to my boyfriend like that you piece of shit" I scoff and exit the place with crying Daniel.

"I'm sorry baby. Some people are dumb and mean. You don't deserve that. You are perfect my love" I whisper as we sit in my car on the parking lot, him on my lap looking at me with teary eyes.
"I'm sowwy Cowby. My fault. I'm dumb to act like a kid" he sobs and soon breaks down again.

Before I have time to wipe his tears there's a knock on the car window and we both look up to see a girl holding a Chick-fil-a bag and smiling. I smile back surprised and open the window.
"Hey guys, I'm so sorry for what just happened. He's gonna get fired. But here's your order. No need to pay" she says sympathetically and hands me the bag. She chuckles at Daniel whose eyes start sparkling as he gets his apple juice and soon waves up goodbye after I've thanked her.

"Now let's go home yeah?" I ruffle up Daniel's hair and sit him besides me, letting him hold the foods.

15 minutes later I enter our house with Daniel on my back with the food bag, my hands under his thighs holding the boy up.

"Here you go, pumpkin" I hand him his apple juice and nuggets. He happily sits himself on my lap and starts munching on his food. How precious he is.

"Thank you my pwince. I wuv you."
Those few words make me feel warm at heart and smile like an idiot. I'm gonna protect this boy at all costs.