chapter 18

Daniel's pov

Corbyn's hand holding mine brings me a warm feeling in the windy, cold weather. Fallen leaves crunch under my feet as I walk with my boyfriend.
All around us I see pumpkins. Halloween is coming and we are here obviously to get us a couple of pumpkins to carve.

"These two?" Corbyn points at two bright orange ones and smiles as I nod excitedly. I wait next to him while he pays to a man who smiles at us, as I keep the smile on my face as well.
Overall being on a good mood we walk back to Corbyn's car, he carrying one pumpkin and I the other one.

•••••••

"Careful with the knife Dani" I hear a voice from behind me as Corbyn walks in the kitchen. We are about to start carving our pumpkins and I'm excited.
My excitement turns into a frown though as I stick the knife into it and try to start carving. As hard as I try I have to admit I'm not able to do it alone.

"Corby this doesn't work" I pout and turn to look at him as he has been watching me with an amused smile.
"Baby needs help, hm?"
I nod and huff setting the knife on the table.

Looking at the floor I jump slightly when I feel presence behind me and Corbyn's hands touching mine. He guides me to take the knife and then helps to start carving the vegetable, his hands on top of mine.

I still feel butterflies in my stomach each time we touch, as if he only is my high school crush or something. His hands on mine are so soft and gentle.

Like his lips-

"Dani, you okay?"

My thoughts get cut off as Corbyn's voice talks next to my ear. I turn to look at his smiling face and blush.
"What were you thinking?" he whispers and kisses my cheek, which makes the warmth of my face only grow.

"You. I still get butterflies."

His smile widens as he coos at me, letting go of my hands to ruffle up my hair. I let go of the knife and pull Corbyn in a hug, suddenly getting a boost of admiration towards him.
He holds me tight and leans to my neck with his breath tickling my skin.
"You are my little butterfly Dani."

I look up at his figure besides me as we pull away. The golden sunlight hits his face through the window making him look angelic. I once again get lost in love by looking at him and end up blushing madly when he turns to look at me.

•••••••

"And done!" Corbyn exclaims putting the knife away and stepping back to reveal his pumpkin. Our pumpkins are now all done and next to each other on the table.
"We did good job" I smile and swing my legs back and forth sitting on countertop.

Corbyn hums as he walks to me and grabs my thighs gently.
"Let's go. I miss your cuddles."
I giggle when he carries me to our bed, almost dropping me once on the way there.

The ending sucks but i just had to update before someone gets mad at me :)