𝐀𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 (𝟑)

Start from the beginning

"Dream?" A voice called out behind him, causing him to leap up and his heart to skip a beat out of shock. His body snapped to the side as he went to look at who was standing by the curtains.

"Tubbo?" He furrowed his eyebrows and turned slowly. "What are you doing here?"

Tubbo, who was still fully dressed in his tuxedo, pushed the curtains back so that everybody inside of the hall wasn't able to see what was happening on the balcony. He looked back at Dream with innocent eyes before taking a few steps forward to meet his side.

"I saw you leave the hall and I was just curious about what you were doing." He muttered softly and leaned on the railing.

"I was just... I needed air." He gulped, turning around slowly to meet the sky.

"Hm." Tubbo hummed in response, not fully believing him.

Silence was laid thickly between them for a few seconds that felt like years before it was finally broken by the sound of Tubbo's gentle voice.

"Dream, we've known each other for quite a while, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, we have..."

"I met you because I was really close with (Y/n). I'd say that they're like my older sibling." Tubbo exhaled deeply.

"Yeah, you guys have a cool dynamic." His breath hitched as he chuckled lowly, shielding his pain quite well.

"Yeah..." he nodded. "Well, I'd say I've known (Y/n) even longer than I've known you. And even though you two are incredibly different, there are a few similarities."

"Oh?" Dream arched his eyebrow. "Really?"

"Mhm." He voiced.

"What similarities?"

"Well, for one thing, when (Y/n) is in love with someone, they don't stop talking about them. They find comfort in every little thing that they do and they'd get upset when they're not around them." Tubbo began slowly, which allowed Dream to listen closely. "The look in their eyes are different to the look they'd have if they just 'liked them'. When (Y/n) came back from that party after first meeting The Blade, something about their had just completely changed."

Dream felt his stomach turn as Tubbo continued, he just felt guiltier by the second. His eyes darkened to a dark shade of emerald the longer he listened and bit his lip to stop the the pain he felt in his chest.

"(Y/n) went from this awkward and closed-off person to this cheery ball of happiness in just over an hour. Their words were casual, but their eyes told a different story. It was like they were practically dancing on cloud nine." He explained to him in detail.

"You don't say..." Dream muttered quietly, his shoulders tending.

"I think you have the same tell." He uttered flatly.

"What?" Dream said in shock and dug his nails into the palm of his hand as he tried to Tubbo with an astonished expression.

"Well, I'm not completely oblivious." Tubbo turned to face Dream, shrugging. "People assume that I'm an easily distracted person because of the way I act, I but notice things."