What the hell does Katherine have to do with this?

“What the hell does Katherine have to do with this?” I asked, my teeth clenched, the very mention of her made my  blood boil. “Did Louis invite her?”

“No. Liam did.” Natalie said with a resigned sigh.

“What? Bloody hell. Why would he do that?”

“He and Katherine actually got really close when you know….”

“When she was dating Louis?”

“Fake dating.” Natalie corrected. 

“It didn’t look fake.” I said, my fingers around the wheel turning white. 

“So did you get in a fight with Liam for me?” I asked, feeling bad.

“No. I got in a fight with Liam for me.” Natalie said. “Not everything’s about you, Molly.”

“Fighting with the driver?” I asked, “Really?”

“I’m sorry.” Natalie said with  a sigh. “I just get.. y’know… crabby whenever I get into a fight with Liam.”

“Oh so do i.” I said, shaking my head. “That Liam.” I clicked my tongue disapprovingly.

“But you’ve never fought with Li… Oh.” Nat said, reality dawning on her.

“Yes.” I said. “that was my failed attempt at a joke. Obviously I should quit my career as a comedian while I’m at it.” 

“No, I would’ve… It was very funny.” Nat said, trying to spare my feelings.

“It wasn’t funny at all.”

“No, No! It was.” Nat said. “I’m just… I’m not in a joking mood.”

“Really?” I said sarcastically. “I didn’t notice.”

“That was a joke right?” Nat asked.

I rolled my  eyes, catching Nat’s gaze in the rear view mirror. 

“Ok. I’m going to take that as a yes.” She said.

We rolled into my street and I parked the car, pulling the brake.

“We’re here!” I said in a sing-song voice.  “Welcome to Le Mansion de Redwin…. Did I say that right?”

“No, actually I don’t think you did…” Natalie said, her eyes darting around nervously. “It sounded wrong even to me… and I didn’t take French.”

“Neither did i.” I say.

“What?” she exclaims.