[15]

After the sudden confession, I decided not to explain further. I left Mau confused and bewildered. The whole time she tried to persuade me to tell her.

I indeed had a crush on him, but that was years ago. My younger self would not agree and say that she would rather consider Man as a brother. But then as I grew older with the right mind to identify my feelings, I realized I did had a crush on him.

Now I know...why I was so affected when he left

In the end, it's already in the past. I shut down my feelings including that and I wish not to bring that back. Yet, I would gladly consider my childhood friend my first love and no one can replace that.

School ended normally like any other day, and I had to deal with a project before I had to head home. Gret offered to drive me home, but I decline. Probably, because I didn't want to hear more about her cliche love story with Nazzer. I decided to take the bus home even if I would rather ride a car instead.

As I was walking towards my house, I saw a car from where I was. The car seems familiar and I'm pretty sure my mom does not have a guest today. She always tells me ahead of time if she has someone coming over.

Wait- that car and then I remembered I took note of the plate number right before he dropped me off. It can't be...I tried to picture the plate number in my mind and look towards the back of the car.

It is his car

Why the hell is he here???

I dashed home quickly and did not bother closing the gate on my way in. I stopped outside the door and tried to compose myself. For some reason, I am feeling different emotions and I'm sure annoyance is one of them, but then the other one I can't quite figure out.

Am I excited to see him?

I brushed off the thought and took a deep breath. I knocked on the door before going in. I heard Bubbles barks followed by footsteps. When the door opened, I saw Nicholas looking like himself with that goofy smile he always wears.

"Afternoon," he said with a tone so gentle. He was still giving me that smile. Due to the smile, his eyes were the shape of a crescent moon. "How's school?"

I tried my best to hide the laugh that almost escaped from my mouth. I find it funny why he's asking me how's school when he himself is a student. He sounds like a father, asking his daughter if they're having a good day.

"Okay" I open the door widely for me to enter. Bubbles greeted me by jumping up and down, and she licked my knees as well. I patted her head and proceeded to put my bag down on the couch. I sat down and made myself comfortable.

"You're not going to ask me how's my day at school?" I heard the door close and then he was standing six feet away from where I was. "I was expecting a how are you from you, Antha the sarcastic female dog"

"Then don't start expecting something from me because I don't do that. I would rather give them the reality they're afraid to face. And clearly, I'm not interested to know what happened to your day." I told him straight away without changing my tone. I was supposed to lay down and relax when I remembered what he called me "Did you just call me a bitch?!"

He formed his mouth into an O shaped with his eyes wide open. "You said a bad word..." He glanced at the kitchen and then he raised his index and moved it front and back. "Your mother heard that...You're busted"

I glanced at the kitchen, thankfully, I did not see the form of my mom coming towards us. I glared at him. The audacity of this guy. "No, she's going to kill you" I was completely aware that I was raising my voice. "You just called her daughter a bitch"