[11]

" I can't believe, you-  the Samantha Arnaiz - is going partying when we have school tomorrow," Margritte said while shutting the door of her car. She parked the car steps away from the address Mara gave me.

"I'm enjoying life, Gret" I lied. I only did this to stop my conscience from killing me.

I invited Gret to come with me because she is the only one that knows how to drive. I can't ask either my mom or my dad to drop me here. Both of them are busy and I bet they don't like it when I tell them I'm going partying

I wore a plain white shirt and tucked it in my jeans. I topped it off with some black vans. I like too keep it simple, I wasn't even going to be long anyways. We and Nicholas will talk and I'll leave. Simple as that.

Of course Gret didn't follow what I told her. I told her to wear something simple and formal. Instead she was wearing a floral croptop paired with ripped shorts. I mean it's fine.

"Remember Gret, You are not allowed to drink more than two shots. I need you to drive me home." I reminded her. The last party she attended she got so drunk and I don't want the same thing that happened at Lukas party to happen here.

"Don't worry I won't, besides..." She spun her car keys and then placed it in her pocket " This is your cousin's engagement party right? Just tell that cousin of yours that we will be spending the night if we do end up getting wasted."

Of course, I didn't tell Gret about my real purpose on coming here. I don't want to tell her because it would be another story to tell, and I wouldn't want to waste more saliva talking about Nicholas The Montenegro.

"Yeah, sure..." I said another lie "Much better if we could go home. I'm not done with the things I need to do" I walked briskly towards the house, not bothering to wait for her

"Typical Samantha" She sighed and I heard footsteps behind me.

The party wasn't that wild like Lukas birthday. The house was very big though. you could tell from just meters away that the people who lived here are rich.

"You never told me you have a rich cousin?" Gret was now beside me. She was also admiring the house in front of me. "You have to introduce me to him...don't you think I make a great mistress?" She joked

I didn't reply to her and went to the front door. Unlike Lukas birthday party there wasn't a long table waiting outside of the door, so it means everyone is free to come in.

Without hesitation I stepped in, the familiar scent of alcohol and the familiar sounds from remixed music enveloped me. The annoying lights were back and I could recognized some faces that I saw at Lukas birthday.

Antha, we have to look for Nicholas and then leave

"Where we going!" Gret shouted at my back. Due to the music, we could hardly hear each other if we talked normally. 

"You stay and have fun" I said near her ear. I don't want to sore my throat. If I do have to find Nicholas I want to do it alone. "I'll look for my cousin" I left her again

When she suddenly held me by the wrist to stop me from walking away. "You can't lea-"

"It is you" A random stranger just stood beside Gret. Gret looked at the guy strangely and looked at him up and down, even with that she didn't loosened her grip on my wrist. "I recognized that hair and short height"

"uhmm Do I know you?" Gret asked. The stranger looked somehow offended that Gret doesn't know him, but he only smirked in return.

"You seriously don't recognize me......" He looked up and smirked. He probably have something on his mind. With both his hands in the pocket of his hoodie, he bent over and he was whispering at Gret's ear.