[7]

"Do you think I care if he bothers you?" I told Lucas while handing him his phone.

"You haven't even scrolled up" He gave a sigh "He wants me to hand you this"

He grabs something inside his pocket and let out a paper. It's the paper that we were asked to fill out before entering the party.

"Here" He handed me the paper "This paper has his number on it"

I sighed and snatch the paper from his hand. I put the paper inside my pocket not bothering to look at it. Lucas just looked at me and sigh.

"Can you at least give him a call" he sounds like he's tired of all of this

I gave him a nod and turned my back from him.

I walked without even bothering to look at him. I did not even bother to waste my time talking to him because I know Mara might be looking for him. I continued my way towards my locker. 

------ RINGGGGGG--------

Half of the day just ended. That's the bell indicating its lunch period. Thank God, it rang I swear would've tired myself out from the lectures the teachers been giving. 

"Hey" Mau called out packing her books inside her school bag "I'll meet you at the cafeteria. I have to go somewhere first"

I haven't even had the time to reply to her when she briskly went out of the room. That's weird where could she be heading. 

Right after I finished packing my things, someone stood right beside me. 

"Uhmm, Sam..." It's the guy who called me out last night. The person who decided to shout and tell everyone that I was Samantha Arnais. I gave him a look indicating what does he want "About Last night... I'm sorry for what I did..." He scratched the back of his head and by the looks of it, he's just mocking me. 

I just gave him a blank look and transition my face into a sarcastic one. "It's totally fine" It wasn't fine "I mean I got chosen so it's right for me to...participate" I emphasize the last word I said. 

"So we're cool now" I gave him a nod in reply "Great, so you'll help me with the quiz tomorrow?" 

BINGO! So this is why he had the guts to face me. He only survived Grade 11 because of me. I gave him some answers for him to pass thinking that it would only happen once but it didn't. I was very generous of my answers, unlike Ghel who you need to beg for. Besides this guy in front of me has the reputation of failing every subject and worst of all he's an athlete. So my goody self decided to help him not knowing that he would now depend on me. Basically I save him...

"About that..." Time to grab the opportunity to cut our ties "You see...you broke this thing you shouldn't have broke and I believe you should pay for it" 

He looked at me confuse "Did I break something yesterday? Was I that drunk that I can't remember?" 

"You were sober..very very sober" 

"So...what did I break?" 

I looked at him with a sarcastic smile "My trust" And I pet him on the shoulder and left him standing there.

Before I get leave the room, I shouted "Goodluck tomorrow, Bye" more like Goodluck on your athlete career.

I walked away with a smirk on my face. 

While walking towards the cafeteria I put my hand in my pocket. Then I accidentally felt the paper Lukas gave me this morning. I mean I won't die if I look at it right?