[12]

"Antha, let me expla-"

"Don't.talk.to.me"

I storm out of the house after I heard what the DJ said. I don't even know what to feel about the fact that my best friend is getting married. She is getting married to someone she never introduced to us. How long were they in a relationship? Where was their first day? When was their first kiss? She never bothered to share anything.

"Antha!"

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, and I dialed Gret's number because I think we need to go. I was only inside that house for about 10 minutes and now I wanted to go home. This whole engagement news destroyed my mood. Gret should've heard about it as well right?

I walked briskly towards Gret's car, not wanting Ghel to catch up with me. Gret wasn't picking up my calls. Where the hell is she?

I was already at the side of Gret's car and all I could do is hope Gret didn't lock the door. Guess, my day is not today because the door wouldn't budge. I sighed out loud and walked away from Gret's car. Maybe I have to look for a cab.

I continued walking. I don't even know where I'm heading. All I can think about is trying to lose Ghel and make her stop chasing behind me.

"Antha! Antha! Listen, let me explain. Antha!" I pretended I didn't hear anything and continued walking.

"Antha! Antha! An--" I heard a huge thud behind me. When I glanced at my back I saw Ghel sat on the dirty street, she must've fallen while chasing after me. She's wearing a dress after all, so it's expected she's wearing heels.

I stopped walking. She is a bad friend for not telling me, but then I'm not. I turned my back and walked towards her. I stood in front of her and extended my hand. Is she that stupid to chase after me when she's wearing heels.

She looked at my hand, yet she didn't take it. All she did was stare and faintly smile

"Ant-"

"Stand up first. We'll talk about this"

She slightly nodded and took my hand. I could tell she was relieved.

She stood up, but not one of us bothered to talk. We were enveloped with silence. It was disrupted when Ghel suddenly laughed.

She laughed. At first I looked at her weirdly but then I understood it. I let her laugh it out.

"They- they decided to sell me to their- their friend" She laughed

She continued laughing. I don't get what she said but then I realized it could be something related to her family. Ghel's only problem in her life is her family. She excel on her academics, excel on being a good person and excel on being a friend. She is a good daughter but then her family was too blind to see that.

Her laughs smoothly transitioned to sobs. She looked like someone who just lost their sanity, but in my eyes she looked like someone who needed help to save her from losing her sanity.

I hugged her to comfort her. She was laughing and crying at the same time. I rubbed her back to ease the burden. She let go of my hug and smiled at me while her tears fell.

"Antha, all I ever wanted was to make him proud" She said as she wiped her tears. Her mascara was destroyed due to her tears. "I wanted to prove especially to him how I'm the child that can do anything.... can prove anything."

I knew how a burden she must've have carried. She's the daughter of a CEO after all.

"Antha, I never told you this before, so I need you to listen to me" She said holding both my hand. I look at her bewildered "I am a daughter of my father but not a daughter to his wife. I am the result of a mistake. My father cheated on his wife, which I have to acknowledge as my mother because my biological mother left me" What? Ghel lived her 18 years like this. She never told me about this backstory, she just told me about how toxic her family is. "The girl you fought in the party, she's actually the real daughter of Mr and Mrs Torrez. She's Jade Torrez and she's my half sister."