[14]

[ Please read this chapter online because there are pictures and you can't see them if you have no internet/data]

I'm currently at school in the library, minding my own business. As usual, I'm at my favorite spot where an old tree is found with its remaining leaves. I stare at it very closely and I noticed something different. The tree lost five leaves from the last time I saw it.

I don't know why but every time I stare at it; I get the feeling of sadness. This tree is dying and all I could do is stare because that's all we can do. Stare at them and hope they enjoyed their life.

I was disturbed when someone touched both of my shoulders by surprise. It made me flinch and made me jump on my seat.

"Hey!" It was Gret with her wide smile. It seems like she is in a good mood today. "You left the party early. You didn't even get to introduce me to your cousin" she pouted

Right after the talk with Nicholas, he suggested we go to the cliff where we went the night I met him. I wanted to leave the party at that time so I agreed. Like before we talked about things. I actually think we have gotten pretty close now because we talked about a lot of personal things. I didn't even realize that I'm actually opening up to him more. It felt....calm.

He dropped me at my 'real' house when the clock strikes midnight. He wished me good night and left. I remember waving goodbye to him and he just replied with a goofy smile. He forgave me that quick...Why?

"Yahh, I did go home early" I thought of a lie to cover up the thing about Nicholas "My stomach was aching and it turns out I got my period today" I nodded at here "I was able to take the bus home"

She nodded at my lie. Then she suddenly looked at me weirdly as if someone tickled her from behind. She grabbed a chair and sat beside me while holding both my hands.

"You remember the guy that talked to me yesterday," She said with a sweet smile on her face

Jules! I completely forgot about him. I should get him the number or else he would think I'm tricking him. The last thing I want is for Jules to get angry with me.

"About that-"

"He told me he like me"

My eyes shot open. I look at her with disbelief and I could tell both of my brows were furrowed.

"What?"

"He pulled me out of the house to tell me something. We talked for minutes before he brought that topic up" I can't believe this....is she being serious? "He told me that I'm his ideal girl....."

"And you believe him?"

Her smile dropped. She took a deep breath and she let her grip loose on my hands. "At first I didn't..." She licked her bottom lip before proceeding "But then, the look in his eyes....he was sincere with his words"

My brows continue to furrow. I didn't realize that my mouth was open because of what she just told me. I got back to my senses and blinked non-stop. I was hoping I heard wrong.

I waited for her to tell me that she was joking, but then she didn't bother speaking.

"Wait, you're serious?"

"Look, Antha" She snapped her fingers at me. She does that before she explains something " You might think I'm overreacting ...I'm not. He was sincere....I laughed when he said I was her ideal girl but then he was dead serious. He grabbed my hand and placed it against his ch-"