[17]

"Look at the mirror when you reverse"He reminded me when I was about to change the gear lever to reverse.

I nodded in response. I'm not wearing anything fancy. Just a white sweater and black leggings. I wanted to make myself comfortable especially I just came home from a hectic day at school.

Yesterday was awkward. My sudden revelation not only shocked me but shocked everyone else - including my parents. After years of successfully hiding it, I decided to reveal it out of nowhere. That was two years ago but then that day just reminds me of him coincidentally.

...

' Antha, I promise to make you happy'

"Hey, What's with that face??? Smileeeee'

'B-be happy, A-antha'

...

"ANTHA!! You're going to crashhh the carrr"

The sudden shout made me go back to my senses and slammed the breaks. Since I was reversing, I almost bumped into the car that is parked at the back of us. I didn't mean to get so lost with my thoughts.

What is happening to me?

Nicholas checked the back of his car by popping out his upper body by the car window. I also checked using my window as well, fortunately, I was an inch away from the other car. I release a hard sigh and slapped both my cheeks.

"We have been practicing for an hour now, Antha. Do you think I don't notice that you are completely bothered about something? Did something happen yesterday for you to be like that?"

"It's nothing. I was just thinking about school that's all" I lied

"I'm teaching you how to drive and driving needs focus. You're not focusing" He scolded me. I bit my lips to distract myself from thinking about what happened yesterday. "Why don't you tell me what's bothering you?"

"Really it's nothing. I'm thinking about how I'm going to do my research" he keeps on repeating himself.

"No, I doubt it's about school..." He paused for a moment. I could tell he was giving me a glare, if I was doing okay, we be doing a glaring contest, but no I wasn't in the mood to argue.

"Look..." I decided to end this before I get annoyed " Even if it isn't about school, it's none of your business"

I didn't mean to sound rude. I'm exhausted from school and from thinking about a memory that just randomly come back.

He remained quiet. I don't know if I insulted him but I didn't mind it. I decided to change my gear to fix the mistake I did earlier. I was supposed to start slamming the gas but then he suddenly put the gear back to park.

"It's just the second day and we don't have any progress" He sighed and I could tell from his eyes that he was mad but then he is smiling. "Let's call it a day, I'll drive"

He got out of his car. I opened my eyes in shock at what he just said. We can't possibly end, besides I didn't do anything new that is related to driving today. He opened my car door and I greeted him with confusion in my eyes.

"Where are we going?" I asked without leaving my seat.

"I'm taking you home. We can't continue because you might crash my car and I'm not risking it, to be honest"

I don't want to go home. Not because I want to spend time with him, I think my condition would get worse if I stay inside my room. I need fresh air or something or anything that can get me out of this zone inside my head. I refuse to go home.