The Affair

We went to the hotel in the evening. I had to wear black one-piece and black sandals. I know black looks good on me as it goes in contrast to my skin tone. Vivan was in his checks shirt and slim jeans. A perfect hunk! We set on the table in the corner.

"Tell me what's that matter which is going on between you and the boss?" I asked curiously as soon as we set on the dining table.

"Are wait yaar! Let me order something first. I am so hungry." He said to me.

"One cheese burst Mexican wave pizza, one pesto pasta with some extra flavour of basil and one blue lagoon"

"Will you be able to finish all this food? I can't finish them." I asked.

"This all is for me only; tell me what you want to order?" He replied with a smile.

"I will have a piece of pizza from you and make it two blue lagoons please" I looked the waiter and ordered my food as well.

"That's it, I am not feeling hungry," I replied to Vivan.

"Are you sure?" He reconfirmed.

"Ya, I am sure. I don't want to eat much."

"Ok, so now tell me what's the matter?" I started the conversation.

"I will tell you but first you have to give me promise that you will not tell it to anybody, not even a Payal." He wants my assurance before he began.

"Done, pinky promise. I will not tell it to anybody." I assured him.

"Ok, so here we go. One fine day in the afternoon I was in the boss's cabin discussing the marketing strategy and his mobile rang. The ring tone of his mobile was different for this caller as I know his routine mobile ringtone.

He grabs his mobile in no time and pushes himself back on the chair. He wanted me not to see the caller's name on the mobile screen. So he brought the mobile phone close to his eyes and cut the phone.

He then texts something on his phone, probably the caller that he is busy and not able to talk right now. We then again started our conversation on marketing. In a few minutes, his phone rang again. He got annoyed this time and cut the phone immediately. I got curious and happy as who the person that can make my boss annoyed.

I want that guy to call him again and again until he smashed his phone on the floor and break it in the pieces. So fun that it, but I was not that lucky to witness that reality what I thought in my mind.

He put his mobile into the drawer and shut it with anger. I wanted to escape from his cabin as soon as possible as I don't want to be a victim of his anger.

Our discussion went for another half an hour and after that, I came out of his cabin, felt like it's my rebirth. I put the laptop on my desk and went to the pantry and ordered a coffee for myself. I had to go and meet the client whom I already have given time. So I went out of the office and called up the client.

The client told me that he had some other priorities and so he had to go somewhere out. He told me that we could meet some other day. I requested him that if he could spend about ten minutes only as I just have to show him one agreement and get his signature.

He said that he is at the infinity mall at present so if I want to meet him for ten minutes, I can come down to the infinity mall and we can meet for few minutes in the mall itself. I agreed and told him that I will reach the mall in another fifteen minutes. He agreed and I draw my car right to the mall at the full-throttle speed.

I called him again as soon as I entered the mall searching for the parking. He told me that he was on the second floor near the McDonald's restaurant. I parked my car in the basement and rushed to the second floor through the stairs. I was holding the agreement copy rolled in my hand. I felt like an athlete running a relay race and my destination is the second floor where my client is waiting for me.