The Confession

"Hello Siddharth, where are you? I want to discuss something important with you."

"I am at the office, tell me what you want to discuss."

"I got a call from Mr. Gayakwad before some time; he has asked me to be present at the police station tomorrow morning. He was saying that he has some important news to share with me."

"Important? What is that?" Siddharth stood up from his seat as he got curious.

"I don't know what is that he asked me to come to the police station tomorrow morning."

"I am afraid of what it could be. Siddharth, can you please come with me tomorrow? I am afraid of going alone. I need your help right now. Please" I requested him to join me.

"Umm ok, I will come with you tomorrow." After a long pause, he replied.

I had finished my dinner and was shuffling the TV channels. I was not in the mood to watch anything so I just kept shuffling the channels. My mind was occupied with thoughts about what is that Mr. Gayakwad will be going to tell me tomorrow.

I close the TV and smashed the remote on the table and went to the balcony for some fresh air.

I went into my flashback where Vivan had shared his concern that his life is in danger. The boss has threatened him that he would do anything if Vivan will disclose the affair.

"Isha, the boss is behind me. He wants me to leave this job or he will fire me." Vivan to me.

"Why would he do that?"

"Because I know a secret about him."

"Secret? What secret?" I asked.

"Secret about his extramarital affair with a lady. I saw them at the restaurant and in the movie. He also has threatened me to kill me if I disclose the affair." He replied.

"Don't worry anything that sort of will happen. Don't be afraid, I am with you." I said to Vivan.

Suddenly, my phone kept on the table rang. That brought me to the present.

I quickly ran and grabbed the phone. It was Siddharth.

"Hi, Isha, I forgot to ask you where we will have to go tomorrow."

"We will go to the Andheri police station. I will reach there by 11 am. You also come at the same time." I replied.

"Bye, see you tomorrow."

I went to my bedroom and lay down on the bed. I was trying to sleep but couldn't sleep.

The surrounding was very quiet and calm but I couldn't even close my eyes. The anxiety about what would happen tomorrow at the police station didn't let me sleep. I tried to listen to the slow songs, dreaming about where I would be after five years, and when I was at the peak of boredom, I even started counting the WhatsApp chats I had on my phone.

The next day, I woke up before my alarm. My eyes were fresh like an apple even though I didn't sleep enough last night. I messaged my boss that I couldn't come to the office that day as I was not feeling well.

I got ready and went down to my apartment to catch the taxi to the Andheri police station.

I messaged Siddharth to check where he is.

Me: "Good morning Siddharth."

Siddharth: "Good morning Isha"

Me: "I am ready and on my way to the police station, how about you?"

Siddharth: "I am getting ready, will be there in some time."

"Me: "Ok, come fast. I will be waiting for you."