First Day

Finally, I was in Mumbai. I was cherishing the most recent week which passed by with my mother's tears and Dad's wellbeing tips to me.

Dad had just conversed with his contacts in Mumbai thus I got a call from the agent for the house. He made things simple and efficient for me by finding a house close to my office. He also had arranged a servant for me.

It would be great for me if the maid agrees to come early in the morning, and she acknowledged it! perfect for me. I made an espresso for myself, missed my mom who used to make one for me. I unloaded my bag to discover the best clothes for tomorrow.

It was my first day at the office hence I want to be flawless in all manners.

The next day morning, while drinking a coffee I thought about whether I settled on the right choice of coming to Mumbai for an occupation or not? At that point, I said to myself.

"What is done is done, no looking back. I will give a valiant effort."

I attempted different dresses, and lastly, I choose one formal yet refined dress. I hurried to my office as I would not like to be late on the first day. Because the first impression is the last impression.

"Excuse me?" I asked the woman at the reception.

"Yes! How can I help you?" She gazed at me and said. I showed my appointment letter and stood stiff for her reaction.

"You have to wait." She pointed at the couch and informed me to hang tight for quite a while. I set down and watched her managing various individuals.

She appeared to be employed for the sake of working. She wasn't courteous enough in her talks with others. Frankly speaking, I didn't like her. Did I make a wise decision of choosing this job? That question kept haunting in the back of my mind.

"Hello, Miss Isha?"

"Yes," I rushed to her and prepared to comply with her instruction.

"Go to the main left and afterwards take a right, you will find a cabin, don't go inside, go directly from that point and subsequently again take right. Mr. Sharma will be there, meet him, He is our HR manager. He will explain to you everything."

"Alright, much obliged," I answered, and adhere to the directions given by that lady.

"Where can I find Mr. Sharma?" I asked the individual sitting on his seat with his decisive advantages over the desk. That reminded me of a Bollywood film where the police inspector posing with his legs crossed up on the desk and opening his legs to have a direct connection with the hero.

"Oh! Apologies, I am searching for Mr. Sharma, where is he sitting?"

"Hey, I am the one you are looking for." He unexpectedly raised from his chair. Did I settle on the correct selection about signing up for this organization? My interactions with people till now tells me "NO."

"I am Isha."

I revealed my joining letter.

"Yes, I was expecting you, take your seat, and be relaxed."

How can I be comfortable after seeing the HR manager in an unprofessional and lazy manner? My inner voice told me.

He gave me some forms to fill up and went away without saying anything.

"Do you want to join this establishment?" I was confused and nervous. Mom, please support me, I don't know what to do. I shut my eyes for a while and talked to my mom in imagination.

"Hi, may I help you?" I heard a voice from my back, so I opened my eyes and turned back to check. A young man in his mid-twenty stood behind me.

He seemed attractive, black hair, brown eyes, lightly tanned skin, strong muscles that bulged through his shirt. He looked at me.