Why Thank You, My Prince

Start from the beginning

We settled on 'Sleeping Beauty' and I have to admit, it was lovely. The whole idea of true love was so amazing, and so pure. All my life, I've longed for someone to love me unconditionally, more than anything. I wonder if I'll ever have that. When the movie ended, I sighed.

"What's the matter, baby?" Xavier asked and I blushed at the endearment like always.

"Prince Phillip is so dreamy. If he wasn't a fictional character, I would ask him out for dinner," I happily snuggled into the comforter but in a mere few moments, Xavier was right on top of me, his face barely a few inches from mine.

"Is that so?" He questioned huskily, his fresh, minty breath and the light hint of his cologne making my senses feel all sorts of things.

"Mhmm. Yes," I answered with a whole lot of courage.

"I remember I was the cutest, and the hottest," he smirked, and I turned a spectacular shade of red when I realized he was talking about the time I accidentally rambled that out.

"Uh-maybe. But he's a prince," I mumbled, trying to explain myself.

"Well, you're already my princess, sweetheart. That makes me your prince," he stated smoothly, and I looked up at his gorgeous face, thinking how he could seriously be a prince.

"Princesses are supposed to be beautiful, Xavier," I say unconsciously, averting my gaze.

"Yes, baby. You definitely are," he replies, softly placing a kiss on my cheek and I bit my lip to hold back on the full-blown giddy smile that was threatening to come up.

A knock on the door interrupted us and Xavier groaned, rolling off of me carefully and walking to the door. He reached outside and took some bags in, closing the door.

"Chinese food for you today, my princess," he said, bowing his head slightly with a smirk as I giggled.

"Why thank you, my prince," I said, as he settled the bags on the table, taking out our takeout boxes. He smiled at me and I blew him a kiss. Surprisingly, he clutched the air and smiled, indicating that he caught it and looked at his hand dreamily. I rolled my eyes at his cute silliness and we ate dinner, talking about work and other things in life, but then again with Xavier, the conversation is always wonderful.

"Can I please have it back?" I huffed and he chuckled. Right now I'm trying to get a file from him, which he has held up very high.

Okay, so he just raised his long, muscular arm up and I can't reach it because I'm desperately short. That about sums up the situation.

"What do I get in return?" He asked, his eyes gleaming mischievously.

"A secretary who works when she's not at the office to make sure your life runs smoothly," I replied with a smirk and he raised his eyebrow at me in sheer amusement.

"But I want a kiss, princess," he said, his voice in a low, sexy whisper.

"And I want my file, Xavier, hand it over," I say, placing my hand on his chest for balance and getting on my tip toes to reach it. And it still remains out of my reach. Suddenly, I lost my balance and began to fall. Xavier tried to catch me but since he couldn't, he changed our positions in a swift movement, so I fell on top of him.

"Oh my God, Xavier, are you okay?" I asked, worried about his injuries. He steadied me on top of him, and my sweatshirt was bunched up around my waist, so his hands slid down and rested on both my cheeks. Immediately, his eyes widened in surprise and then clouded with the hot desire that makes me want to kiss him until we're senseless. I bit my lip and looked at his chest, trying to hide my blush. He closed his eyes and groaned, almost painfully, but the sound was gorgeous.

"You have no idea what you do to me," he whispered huskily, and I felt something poke my stomach. Why is that so uncomfortable? I scrambled up and he stood up beside me as well, his gaze intense and hot, almost glued to my body.

"Hey, my file," I chirped happily, bending over to pick it and instantly I heard Xavier's sexy groan resonate behind me. I shot up and turned around, confusion lacing my features.

He closed the distance between us and slipped the file out of my hands, placing it on the table. His long fingers gripped the curves on my waist tightly, moulding into my body. He pulled me close and lifted my chin up, making me look into his intimidating eyes, into the gaze that made me nervous and hot.

"Are you trying to kill me, Valentina?" He growls, pulling me flush against his body, looking down straight into my eyes.

"Um, no?" I reply, not sure why he would ask me that.

"What is it about this innocence of yours, that makes me want to eat you up?" He says, his finger tracing my bottom lip and my cheek delicately.

"Eat me up because I'm cute?" I ask.

"Oh, you're fucking adorable, baby. But eat you up meaning, make you moan my name. Repeatedly," he whispers firmly near my ear as I gasp, and he chuckles.

I unconsciously let out a yawn, my eyelids feeling heavy.

Suddenly, his strong arms pick me up and place me on the bed. The lights are off and the bed dips beside me, and I'm engulfed into Xavier's warm body as he holds me close, his arm wrapped possessively, right under my chest, my small frame flushed into him.

"Sleep, Valentina," he says, making fireworks erupt inside of me. I close my eyes and snuggle into him, sleeping peacefully for the night.

The morning rolled in through the curtains and I woke up to a smooth and muscular chest, my brain functioning slowly as I let my gaze drop to the perfect set of abs. Could I maybe touch them?

"You could even kiss them if you want, babygirl," a voice chuckled and resonated as a gorgeous sound and I looked up at Xavier. Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did. Now it's time to wake up. We need to get ready," he said, placing a quick kiss on my cheek before hopping out of the bed.

"I need to go home to get ready for work," I reminded him.

"Nope, we have to be ready for the party at my parent's place, remember?"

Of course, how could I forget that. The party where I was supposed to be his fake girlfriend. Although, the way he behaves around me now, which part of that is fake, I wonder?

"I've already got your dress from your place, and some stylists will be over soon to help you out," he smiled and walked into the bathroom.

How he accessed my apartment is a question I don't quite want to ask, because I know better than to raise doubt about Xavier's influence and capabilities.

"Honey, your hair is surreal, it's gorgeous, I'm telling you," she gushed as she let the loose curls fall over to my waist after finishing my makeup. I asked her to keep it simple, so it was just some concealer with my favourite winged eyeliner, mascara and a deep, red lip. Amanda, the stylist, wanted to add some fake lashes and make it all dramatic, but after some difficulty, I convinced her that dramatic was not for me. She stepped outside and I carefully put on the red, backless gown, admiring how it looked like on me in the mirror.

The gown made me feel like a real princess, and I giggled.

"You're giggling to yourself, babygirl?" Xavier's deep voice laced with confusion echoed towards me and I turned, only to see his face change emotions abruptly, seeming like his heart did a double take.

"How is it that you look even more beautiful in the same dress than the last time?" He asked, sighing in happiness as he slowly stroked my cheekbones with his warm fingers.

"Thank you, Xavier," I said sweetly, and he smiled, leaning in for a quick peck on my lip before intertwining our hands and leading a very dazed me downstairs.

We comfortably sat in the car waiting for us and it drove off, my nervousness making my heart flutter. What will his family be like? Will they actually believe I'm his girlfriend? I looked at our intertwined hands and realized that Xavier's gaze was on me, his cheek resting on the seat as he looked sideways at me and sighed peacefully. I blushed and his smile widened, somewhat reassuring me about this meeting with his parents. Maybe it won't be as bad as I'm thinking. Right?