Adjustment

You stirred awake as a bright light causes you to squint and look to the side until your eyes adjusted. Once they did you looked around noticing you were in the infirmary. You sit up quickly with a sinking feeling as you remembered what transpired a few moments ago.

(Y/n): Boys?! Are you good? A-Am I good?!

???: (Y/n)?

You look to your right to see Yang staring at you concerned.

(Y/n): Yang?

You reach out to her.

(Y/n): Please tell me you're real and this is not a personal landscape Nightmare conjured up.

She only looked more confused.

Yang: Nightmare? Landscape? (Y/n) you told me to come her instead if you weren't in the library.

Her words seemed sincere but it could be a trick. Your heart starts beating faster....until.

Jasper: (Y/n). It's okay. We're here and you still have your mind and body.

This calms you down as you begin to move and stand up the bed you laid on.

Star: Wait!

You suddenly collapse but get caught by Yang.

You feel your stomach churning and look at a trash can and crawl to it. You puke and cough  as Yang rubs your back.

You look at her weakly.

(Y/n): T-Thank you.

You puke again.

Yang: I'll get you some water.

She stands up and goes to the sink located on your right.

(Y/n): What's happening..?

Ike: You're body has just taken a huge toll from all the power we got back altogether, especially Nightmare's power.

You look up from the trash can.

(Y/n): We failed at containing him didn't we..?

They went silent. This just answered your question as you sigh.

(Y/n): I wasn't strong enough...

Star: No. You did fine. We weren't strong enough. Plus, his power-

Ike: -Last time we fought him he wasn't that strong or had that much power.

Jasper: Honestly. The sudden change and that overflowing aura. It even scared me..like this life flashed before my eyes.

Yang comes back and gives you water. You take it and drink a little and slush it around in your mouth and spit into the trash. You then drank the rest.

Yang: Feel better?

You lower the glass of water and nod.

(Y/n): Very much so.

You look down at the amulets around your neck and fiddle with them.

(Y/n): They're very light.

Ike: Right?

Yang watches you and looks down. You notice this and look at her.

(Y/n): Are you okay?

Yang: Yeah. Just, who is Nightmare?

You sweat drop not realising that you said his name out loud a minute ago.

(Y/n): Shit.. ummm.

Suddenly as if Lady Luck was on your side, Ms Goodwitch entered and stared at Yang and yourself.