golden and fine line

Fine Line is set to come out in a couple of hours- 12 to be exact- and Harry is positively shitting himself

He had gone on a run, tried to read his book, tried to go for a swim and everything else you can think of, hoping to calm himself down and get his mind off of what will come to be one of the biggest moments of his career. He had flown to LA straight from New York after SNL and did a few interviews, worked on some random things he had to do for the few weeks before his album release.

It's a Thursday afternoon and the album is coming out at midnight and he's performing at the Forum the next night. Everyone that's important to him has had this date jotted down in their calendars for months and have cleared them in order to come over for the show. His mother and sister came over from England, along with two of his very closest friends, Frankie's parents and of course, Frankie.

She was extremely lucky to have told her boss that she was needing a few days off in order to be there a few weeks before, giving him no option but to let her go. She arrived that morning, full of excitement and pride- Harry making the effort to fetch her from the airport (also to get his mind off of what was coming). Frankie's honestly never been prouder to be a part of someone's life. She can't believe that it's almost been a year since she first met Harry and now he's releasing his sophomore album- an album that includes songs about her. She often wonders how she got to where she is, a wonderful career that she loves with her whole being, a supportive family that never fails to surprise her, friends (some she's known her whole life and some she met through Harry) who are always there for her and Harry the love of her life (well she thinks so and is pretty sure of it too). She loves her life.

When they arrive at Harry's after the drive from the airport, Harry takes her stuff up to his bedroom while she showers and gets more comfortable in one of Harry's knit jumpers and socks (Harry's favorite outfit of hers) before she meets him in the kitchen where he's nervously pacing up and down.

"Baby, you have to calm down" Frankie chuckles and rubs his back comfortingly.

"I can't- I don't know what to do" he says and she stops him- snaking her arms around his waist.

"Do you wanna go for a drive?" She asks and he shrugs. "What can I do?"

"I don't know" he sighs, and places his head on her shoulder in frustration. A few seconds later he lifts his head and speaks up "I uh" he takes a step back and looks at her intensely. "Can I play the whole album for you?" He asks and she frowns.

"What do you mean?" She asks. "'Ve heard it all haven't i?" She refers to the time Harry sat her down and played her a few songs off his album (she cried through most of it and after, couldn't leave Harry's side) but he shakes his head. "How many haven't I heard?" She asks.

"Like two or three I think?" He says and she nods.

"How do you wanna do it?" She asks and he smiles at her thoughtfulness, knowing he's nervous showing his album to people.