romance and boat time

"Harry's taking me for dinner tonight and we're going on a boat ride tomorrow, that's all that's planned so far" Frankie says on the phone to her mum, now in a towel after showering while her boyfriend gets reservations for the boat down

"I hope the two of you get to see the beauty of Sicily, you're very lucky to be there" she replies. "Took your dad there before we had you and Leo, it was wonderfully romantic" she says blissfully, remembering a time in her life.

"Why don't you and da go away for a bit? See places you've always wanted to see, go on cruises, eat random things, just take some time for yourselves? You both love traveling so much" Frankie states.

"We've both got jobs, love" her mum smiles sadly. "But I think we're getting too old to work anyways, maybe once we're both retired"

"I think it's a really great idea. Isn't that what retirees do?" Frankie teases and her mother chuckles.

"What do retirees do?" Harry asks, walking into the room clad in a towel draped around his waist.

"Hello Harry" Frankie's mother says through the phone and Frankie chuckles, throwing him a shirt which he shrugs on quickly.

"Hello Mrs Hallaway!" He waves happily, coming into the screen.

"How are you doing, love?" She asks him kindly.

Ever since planning for Frankie's birthday together, Harry and Elena have become awfully close, Elena having completely accepted him once she realized how good of a man he actually is. Harry and Frankie's dad, on the other hand, are basically best friends. Frankie often catches the two of them messaging or calling each other to catch up on the news, sports or some random joke they heard. Frankie's parents absolutely love Harry and Harry absolutely loves them. It makes Frankie very happy.

"We're doing well here, very happy to be able to spend some time away together" He replies, sitting next to Frankie on the bed.

"Is that Harry?!" Greg calls from the background and both Elena and Frankie groan, knowing what's to come with the two men. "Harry!" Greg cheers excitedly when he sees his daughter's boyfriend's face.

"Greg!" Harry says just as excited (feeling weird calling him by his first name but every time he tries to call him Mr Hallaway, Greg insists on his first name) "How are you?" He asks.

"Ah all good here, learned a new magic trick yesterday but Elena won't let me do it in the house... or outside so we'll have to go to a park or sommat when you guys get back so I can show you" he replies excitedly and Frankie giggles at her father.

"What does it involve Mum?" She asks.

"Your father is crazy, Francesca, he plays with fire, literally"

"Da! You aren't allowed to learn a magic trick with fire again, 'member last time when you burnt your eyebrows off?" Frankie says pointedly, Harry chuckles in disbelief, Elena rolls her eyes and Greg blushes.