A Tale As Old As Time-Sherlock

A/n: Hello my beautiful readers! Welcome to a very special Halloween Imagine! Now, before you get too excited based on the title of this chapter, I must say this is NOT a Beauty and the Beast inspired oneshot. This storyline is based off of the image posted above. I found it on Instagram last November and fell in love with the idea! Unfortunately, I had to wait a year to post it, because this just screamed Halloween vibes!
Nevertheless, I am very excited to finally be able to share this one with you! I hope you enjoy! And as always, thank you so much for reading and I hope you like it!
Happy Halloween!
I love you all a crazy bunch! 😜💖

~Crazygirlp13

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The night was crisp and cold. You pulled your coat tighter around you to ward off the freezing feeling. You walked with a confidence though—with a purpose. You ventured deep into the trees, going farther than anyone else would dare to go. But you knew you would be safe.
The howling of a wolf made you pause, but only for a moment. You were getting closer, of that you were sure. Finally, you came upon a clearing in the trees. The fog swirled up and around you, as if it were trying to pull you towards the creature that stood before you. It's dark gray—almost black—fur glistened in the light of the full moon.
With slow and cautious steps, you approached the creature. It did not move. It's eyes simply followed you. And as you got closer, you realized that you recognized those eyes. His eyes. When you were just a few feet away, you pulled off the coat you were wearing.

"It's time to come home." You spoke softly.

You gently threw the cloak around his shoulders. He sniffed the fabric curiously, relishing in the familiar scent. His eyes then locked on you once again. Any sign of anger or violence was long gone. Tears stung your eyes as you stretched out your hand towards him. You knew he would not hurt you. You trusted him with all your heart.

"Sherlock..."

The creature let out a sound that resembled a whimper as he recognized his name. His black nose sniffed your hand curiously. He then looked at you as if asking permission to grab hold. You nodded your head.

You whispered, "It's time to come home."

~Six Months Ago~

"Welcome home, my darling!"

You shrieked as Sherlock spun you around in his arms. He laughed at your reaction, holding tightly onto you so that you would not slip out of his grasp.

"Sherlock put me down!" You ordered, though a smile was still plastered on your face.

"As you wish."

Before he set you down, however, he pecked you on the lips. A blush coated your cheeks. Sherlock then did as you had requested and, soon, your feet were planted back on the ground.

"Thank you." You said.

You then leaned forward and planted a kiss on his cheek. Without any hesitation, you both wrapped your arms around each other and kissed once again, deepening it. You twirled strands of his hair around your fingers. Sherlock, feeling so incredibly happy, spun you around once again. You laughed loudly and Sherlock joined in. You then simply stood there, relishing in each other's embrace.

"Oh, can you believe it, Sherlock?" You spoke with such wonderment, "Our first night as husband and wife."

Sherlock looked down at you and smiled, "I can believe it."

You locked eyes with him, "Then I can too. I love you, Sherlock Holmes."

"And I love you, y/n Holmes."