Sick Day Birthday-Sherlock

A/n: Hey everybody! Today is my birthday! Woohoo! 🎉 I am officially eighteen years old! So, in honor of my 18th birthday, I have written this imagine (inspired by my birthday from a couple years ago where I was sick with the flu). I hope you all enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You laid in bed, enveloped not only in your soft and warm blanket, but also by the surrounding darkness that filled your bedroom. It was about one o'clock in the afternoon, but you simply did not care. The door began to open and with it came a sliver of light. You practically hissed at the brightness and rolled over.

"Y/n." A soft but deep voice spoke.

You did not respond, only groaned loudly and attempted to swat away the newcomer—though he still stood in the doorway. You heard his footsteps as he entered the room. Out of the corner of your eye, you watched him come around your bed and sit beside you. You tried to take a deep breath through your nose, but that only resulted in a loud, sniffling noise. The figure next to you frowned sympathetically and brushed a few strands of hair out of your face.

"Oh y/n," He said, "I'm sorry."

You sighed, "I know, I know. Everyone's sorry."

You rolled over again and right out of bed. You kept your blanket with you, wrapping it around your shoulders like a cape. You trudged out of the room and towards the kitchen.

"It's not anyone's fault that I have the flu on my birthday, Sherlock."

The consulting detective was by your side quickly, his long legs able to match your stride with ease.

"I know that." He said.

You reached into your cupboards to retrieve a coffee mug. However, your sick and tired state caused the mug to slip from your grasp and shatter on the ground. A shaky sigh escaped your lips as you stared down at the mess.

"Hold on," Sherlock said, stepping around the pieces of glass.

Since he still had his shoes on, his feet were more protected than your bare ones. Once he was right next to you, he lifted you up into his arms and carried you bridal style out into the living room. He set you down gently on the couch.

"Wait here," He instructed, "I'll clean up your mess and bring you some coffee."

You crossed your arms over your chest like a grumpy child. Sherlock chuckled at your behavior and shook his head. He walked to the kitchen. A few moments later, you could hear the sound of glass being swept up.

"You shouldn't be here, Sherlock." You called to him.

"You're sick, y/n. And besides, since it's your birthday, you shouldn't have to do any work today."

"That's not exactly what I meant," You responded, "I don't want to get you sick."

"Oh, please! What's the worst that could happen?"

"Uh, you could get sick," You said matter-of-factly. "Like I just said!"

Sherlock stepped into the living room for a minute, holding the broom in his hands. He looked thoughtful for a moment as he considered your words and then shrugged.

"That doesn't sound so bad, so long as I get to spend the day with you."

A blush coated your cheeks at that. Sherlock smiled brightly at you before going back to cleaning up your mess.

"Don't you worry about a thing, y/n. I will make this a great birthday," He assured you, "You won't even remember that you are sick."

And so, Sherlock did just as he promised. He spent the entire day with you. He made you meals, he tended to your every need, he made the day perfect. The only thing that made you sad was the fact that you couldn't spend the day with all of your friends. Of course, spending time with Sherlock was wonderful, but you wished you could celebrate with everyone. Sherlock happened to notice your sad demeanor and sat on the couch beside you.

He took your hand in his, "What's wrong?"

You shrugged, "I wish everyone else could be here."

Sherlock nodded in understanding. You placed your hand on top of his.

"Don't get me wrong, I've loved having you here, Sherlock."

"I know, I understand."

There was a silence that passed between the two of you for a moment. Then, Sherlock stood up. 

"I will figure this out then!"

"Sherlock-" You tried to interject, but he was on a roll.

"No, I can do this. I promised you the best birthday, and if that means getting our friends here, I will find a way." He walked out of the room, "Give me an hour."

You sighed and shook your head, but you couldn't help the smile that played on your lips. You truly had the best boyfriend ever.

***

An hour and a half later, Sherlock entered the living room holding a laptop. You squinted at him, your eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What's this?" You asked before coughing loudly.

Sherlock placed the laptop on the table in front of you, the screen facing you. He sat in front of it, his legs criss-crossed in front of him.

"You'll see." He said simply.

You rolled your eyes, contenting yourself to just watch him work. After a few minutes, a video screen popped up. You could see Sherlock's face enlarged on the screen and your own figure sitting in the background.

"Oh!" You exclaimed, suddenly realizing what his plan was.

Moments later, other familiar faces appeared on the screen—John, Mary, Greg, Mrs. Hudson, and many more.

"Happy birthday!" They all cheered simultaneously.

You laughed in delight, "Thank you!"

Sherlock came and sat beside you. You cuddled next to him.

"Thank you, Sherlock."

Sherlock smiled, "Happy birthday, y/n."

He leaned in, puckering his lips for a kiss, but you pushed him away.

"No, Sherlock! I can't get you sick!"

"Aww, you're no-" His sentence was cut short as he sneezed rather loudly.

You gasped and covered your mouth. You looked at the laptop screen to see that everyone had the same expression as you. Laughter then erupted. You bit your lip and looked at your boyfriend.

"I guess it's too late to keep you healthy then."

Sherlock shrugged, "Well, now I can kiss you."

You blushed, "True."

And he did just that. Your lips pressed against his. The kiss was short though as both of you needed to break apart for air.

"I guess the worst that could happen has happened." Sherlock said.

You pushed his face away from you playfully, "You're an idiot, Sherlock Holmes." 

You then snuggled closer to him, relishing in his warmth.

"I love you, Sherlock. And thank you for the best sick day birthday ever."