A Rocky Road-Sherlock

Requested by
HisSoldier

You and Sherlock had been together for a little over six months. The two of you met when Sherlock was looking for a new flatmate. His best friend had moved out to live with his wife so, he remained alone in his quaint little flat. You found out about the detective's request through the landlady. She had always been like a grandmother to you, ever since you were a child.
So, you met the detective, he "deduced" you, as he would say, you checked out the flat, and soon enough, the two of you were flat buddies!
Over time, though, you grew closer to the consulting detective. A feeling of electricity sparked between you whenever you were close to him. You felt, sort of, connected to him and you were sure he felt the same. And the kiss was what proved it. So boyfriend and girlfriend the two of you became. However, your relationship with the consulting detective was anything but easy...

Beep!  Beep!  Beep! 

You bolted off the couch and hurried into the kitchen. You shut off the timer and then proceeded to pull out your small pan of lasagna, oven mitts on of course. You set the freshly baked meal on top of the oven and slipped off the mitts. You put your hands on your hips and examined your fine job. The delicious aroma filled your nose. You looked back towards the living room and your smile dropped. The black leather chair was empty.  Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
You looked down the hall to the closed bedroom door. You started towards it and knocked when you reached it.

"Sherlock?"  You called.

No answer. You sighed, feeling quite frustrated. You knocked harder.

"Sherlock!"  Still nothing.

You twisted the doorknob and pushed it open. The room was empty. You threw your hands out to the side and then slapped them back down.

"Are you serious?"  You mumbled to yourself.

You weren't in a good mood anymore. So, you turned sharply on your heel and headed back out to the kitchen. Sherlock was going to be in for it when he got home.

~~~

Sherlock trudged up the steps. His muscles were sore and he was having a hard time standing straight. He stopped in front of the closed flat door and took a deep breath. He pushed it open and stepped inside. Out of the corner of his eye he saw you sitting on the couch with a glass in your hand, and judging by your expression he could tell you weren't drinking iced tea. Sherlock tried to avoid talking to you and started to walk away but you started talking.

"Where were you?"  You asked.

Sherlock looked back at you and shrugged, "On a case."  He answered.

"And you didn't tell me?"  You asked right after as if you knew what his answer was before.

"I didn't know I needed your permission."  He retorted.

You were on your feet in a split second and Sherlock nearly jumped in surprise. "That's not what I meant, Sherlock!"  You shouted.

"Well what did you mean?!"  Sherlock shouted back.

"I don't mind that you go on a case but it would be nice to know before I go out of my way to make a pan of lasagna that's now just gonna go to waste!" 

"Why did you bother in the first place?!" 

There was an explosion of glass beside the detective. The glass you had just thrown had just barely missed his face and was now tiny pieces on the ground.

"Dang it, Sherlock!  We had plans!"  You shouted.

"Plans?"  Sherlock laughed.

"Yes!  And if you cared enough, you'd of remembered.  We were supposed to have John, Rosie, and Mrs. Hudson here for dinner!  That's why I bothered to make it!"