Somebody's Getting Married!-Sherlock

Requested by
LettieStephani

~Y/n's POV~

I burst out the door of 221C wearing my purple dress that flowed down to my ankles.  I....hold on.  Wait just oooonnnneeee second.  Ugh!  Sorry, let's start this over.

I burst out the door of 221C wearing my lilac dress that flowed down to my ankles. I struggled to do my hair as I flew down the stairs.  I was late!  How could I be late?!  I used my teeth to hold a few bobby-pins while I opened the door with my one hand and held my hair with my other.

"Taxi!"  I shouted, seeing one approaching.

The bobby-pins dropped to the ground and I groaned. I quickly waved the cab over and then knelt down to pick up the pins. I pulled open the cab door and sat down. I told the cabbie my desired location and he nodded.
I continued to attempt to finish my hair. It was even more of a challenge doing it in the cab. I couldn't quite brace myself very well at turns and at one point I dropped a bobby-pin.

"Wonderful." I mumbled in annoyance.

I tried to find it but it turned out to have vanished. I sighed and decided that I'd have to deal with one less pin. Finally, the cab arrived and I jumped out, nearly forgetting to pay the driver.

"Thank you!" I said quickly.

The man nodded at me and then pulled away. I turned and rushed to the church. Hopefully I wasn't too late. I pushed open the door and saw the rest of the bride's maids and Mary standing there. Mary looked over and saw me standing there. Her face lit up immediately and also filled with relief.

"Y/n! My goodness, you had us all worried!" She exclaimed coming over.

"I'm so sorry, Mary. My bloody alarm clock didn't go off." I explained.

Mary giggled, "It's alright, dear. You're here just in time."

I sighed in relief, "Thank goodness."

I got my bouquet, and then walked over and stood behind Janine. She smiled at me and I returned the favor. The doors in front of us opened and music filled our ears. The brides maids started down the aisle.  I glanced at Mary who gave you a thumbs up.  I smiled and then headed out down the aisle. Once I was at the front of the church, Mary stepped out.
A large smile spread across my face as everyone rose and Mary walked down in her beautiful white wedding dress. I couldn't help the tears that pooled in my eyes. Mary was one of my closest friends and she was now getting married to another one of my closest friends. John Watson was a lucky man indeed. Mary arrived at the front and stood before John. She handed me her bouquet and took John's hands in her own. Today was truly going to be a magical day. 

***

The ceremony went wonderfully!  It was filled with smiles and tears and, most of all, love.  The two of them said their I do's and John didn't hesitate to kiss his wife. 
They walked back down the aisle and the rest of us followed. Sherlock Holmes and I walked down together. He glanced over at me.

"That color suits you."  He stated.

"Purple?"  I asked.

"Lilac."  He responded.

I nodded, "Right, sorry.  Lilac."  I corrected myself.

The two of us joined the newlyweds outside where the photographer was waiting. I hurried over and grabbed a handful of flower petals and stood behind the two. The photographer counted down.