The Box of Chocolates-Sherlock

A/n: Happy Valentine's Day everyone! In honor of the most romantic day of the year, I have come to bless you with an imagine! I hope you all enjoy and have an amazing day! 😘

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You hummed quietly to yourself as you walked down the street. A smile played on your lips and you had a little skip in your step. It was almost Valentine's Day—aka the most romantic day of the year. You were determined to make this Valentine's the best one yet. Of course, there was a slight problem with your plans. This problem being that you didn't yet have a date with anyone. Though you did have someone in mind and you were on your way to see him now.

Knock, knock, knock

Before waiting for a response, you pushed open the door to Sherlock Holmes' flat.

"Hello!" You called out, announcing your presence.

Sherlock's head poked out from the kitchen.

He sighed, "Oh. It's just you."

"Just me?" You asked, "We're you expecting someone better?"

Sherlock shrugged, "Perhaps."

You scoffed as you tossed your jacket on the coat rack. "As if you could find someone better than me."

"Why would I need to 'find someone'?"

You shrugged, avoiding eye contact as you sat on a stool in the kitchen. Sherlock immediately placed a cup of tea down in front of you. It was almost as if he was expecting you to show up.

"Thank you," You said, blowing away the steam. "So, what have you been up to?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

"Really?"

"I'm still waiting. Lestrade has nothing though. No murders, no crimes...nothing!" He sighed and sat down on a stool across from you.

You smiled sympathetically at him and reached across the counter to grab his hand. He looked up at you.

"Listen, Sherlock, there is more to life than just solving crime."

Sherlock scoffed, "What a dreadful thought!"

"I'm serious!" You said, though you chuckled ever-so-slightly, "While your life is always unpredictable—especially because of the crimes you solve—you have to learn to handle the dull moments." You could tell that Sherlock was contemplating your words. A small smile then played at the corners of your lip, "Life's like a box of chocolates, ya know?"

Sherlock stared at you, uncomprehendingly. He did not understand the analogy you had just painted at all.

"You don't...you don't understand what I'm saying, do you?"

Sherlock shook his head, "What does chocolate have to do with life?"

You shook your head, "Not chocolate. A box of chocolates."

"I don't see how more chocolate makes any difference."

You sighed and dropped your head into your hands, "You're telling me you've never had one of those heart-shaped boxes with all the different kinds of filled chocolates?"

Sherlock shook his head, "Never."

You threw your hands up in exasperated defeat, "Well then, that's why that quote didn't work." You mumbled.

An awkward silence fell upon the two of you. Sherlock blew a long breath of air out of his mouth as he drummed his fingers on the counter. You picked at your nails nervously, trying to work up the courage to ask Sherlock one more question—one big question.