A Strange War (Part 3)-Sherlock

"The hell happened to this planet?" Quill asked holding out a device. "It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place."

You stood off to the side watching Mantis—as you'd come to learn what the Guardians names were—jumping up and down in the air. After a minute, you noticed Tony waving you over. You walked over beside Peter Parker as Tony laid out the plan.

"We got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it." He began. "All right, I have a plan, or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple." You nodded along with his words. "We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need."

"Wow. Great plan there." You said sarcastically.

"We definitely don't want to dance with this guy." Tony continued, clearly ignoring your comment. "We just want the gauntlet-" He stopped mid-explanation when he saw Drax yawning. "Are you yawning?" Tony asked in disbelief. "In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?"

"I stopped listening after you said 'we need a plan'." Drax admitted, not seeming too flustered at being called out.

"Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page."

"See, not winging it isn't exactly what they do." Peter Quill stated.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Parker asked.

Mantis was the one that spoke up this time, "Kick names, take ass."

Drax nodded "Yeah, that's right." He said sounding a bit proud.

You tried to withhold your laughter as Parker looked at them confused and Tony was looking at them like he was just done. You cleared your throat as Tony sighed.

"All right, just get over here, please." Tony said. "Mr. Lord can you get your folks to circle up."

Quill chuckled a little, "'Mr. Lord.' Star-Lord is fine."

You all stepped closer about one or two steps forming a circle of sorts. You turned your attention to Tony once again.

"We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-"

"Dude." Star-Lord interrupted.

"Oh my gosh." You mumbled just wanting the planning to be done.

"Don't call us plucky." Quill continued. "We don't know what it means." At that you snorted in laughter but quickly turned it into a cough. "All right, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan except it sucks. So let me do the plan, and that way it might be really good."

"Wow." You mumbled.

"Tell them about the dance-off to save the universe." Drax piped in.

"What dance off?" Tony asked.

"It's nothing." Quill said.

You chuckled under your breath. "I would very much like to hear about this dance-off."

"Do you mean, like it Footloose the movie?" Peter Parker asked.

"Exactly like Footloose!" Quill exclaimed, happy that someone else knew about that movie. "Is that still the greatest movie in history?" He asked, hopeful.

"It never was." Parker responded.

"Don't encourage this, alright?" Tony said to Peter.

"Okay." Peter answered.

"We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here."

"Flash Gordon? That's a compliment by the way." Quill said. "Don't forget, I'm half-human. So that fifty percent of me that's stupid...is one-hundred percent you." He added pointing at the three of you.

"Your math is blowing my mind." Tony said.

"Excuse me, but..." Mantis interrupted the conversation, "...does your friend often do that?" She asked looking at Stephen.

Your eyebrows furrowed when you saw Stephen hovering a few feet off the ground. You rushed over and came up beside him. His head was jerking to the sides a lot and you noticed the time stone had been activated.

"Strange!" Tony called. "You alright?" He asked.

"He's using the time stone. Whatever is happening, he can't hear us." You explained.

Just as you finished talking, Stephen snapped out of the loop and let out a cry. You were ready to help steady him if needed but he was quick to regain himself.

"You're back. You're alright." You said.

"Hey, what was that?" Peter Parker asked.

Stephen took in a deep breath. "I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." He explained.

"How many did you see?" Quill asked.

"Fourteen-million six-hundred and five." Strange answered.

There was a moment of silence as everyone pondered whether we should ask the ultimate question. Tony spoke up, asking the question we were all thinking.

"How many did we win?" Tony asked.

Stephen looked distraught, not really wanting to answer that. Your heart-rate started to speed up as you awaited the answer. Finally he answered and sent a feeling of dread coursing through you.

"One."

A/n:  Okay, so I know that this part is kinda short and is mostly dialogue, but there really isn't much going on in this scene anyway.  So, this is what I came up with.  Also, I promise I am working on the requests, they're just taking longer than I had anticipated.  So, please don't think I've forgotten.
Also, I have been writing a Peter Parker fanfiction and I have a couple parts already written.  Do you guys think that I should post the first part?  I'm really liking it and I'm hoping that people will too. 
And one more thing.  For my other Sherlock Imagine book, if you guys are reading that, I was wondering if you guys want me to stick with having the reader be Sherlock's sister or if I should make her an old friend.  I would appreciate your guys' feedback on that!
Anyway, thank you for reading!  I love you all a crazy bunch! 💖💖