XXXII - "Yes I Am."

"Do you... Do you want to come in?" I asked him.
"Yes, please."
I don't know what Tyler Damn Shields was doing in my house. He was famous, a photographer but why me? Why an offer? I had cancer, I was weak and clearly not a model.
Smiling, he walked inside slowly checking the surroundings. I asked him to follow me to the living room and watched him as he sat down comfortably on the old couch. He looked like; he didn't mind the poorness of our home. He just smiled at me.
"Do you want something to drink?" I offered and he nodded.
"Yes, can I have a glass of water, please?"
"Of course. Anything else?"
"Oh no, thank you. You're too kind."
"Um, Kris?" I called. "Can you bring me a glass of water? We have a guest."
"Yeah, but who is-"
Kris came in the room looking confused, while Tyler stood up.
"Nice to meet you." he greeted offering a hand. "I assume you must be- Kris. Her best friend." he pointed at me.
"Are you Tyler Shields?" she asked shaking hands.
"Yes I am." he nodded.
Kris nodded too and went to bring him water while I sat down.
"Did something happen?" I asked worried. "What were you talking about before?"
"Oh well it's kind of a long story." he said, "You see, Vogue Magazine has asked me to turn up with a brand new photo shoot and story for their next month issue and I, I chose to do something different."

"I've noticed you Demi. You were on the newspapers, TV... You are Styles' unlucky girlfriend. His fans treated you really bad and I can imagine myself what did you feel like. You were diagnosed with; severe, horrible as I would describe, diseases. Cancer is something I wouldn't wish even to my darkest enemies but it's also  thing that we have no control on.
But that's what I've always liked from you.
You stand strong. You aknowledge the pain an you go on. You know that you may touch the very end but still, look at you. You are beautiful and you have a job. You're not physically strong but you're mentally undestructive. Cancer didn't beat you down. It rose you up. You don' care about what others say. You have one life and you're living proof of it." 

"So there comes my offer.
I want you to be my model for the Vogue issue. I want you to tell me your story and I swear the world will hear you out. The pay of the photo shoot is five thousand dollars which you'll be given a part from now if you accept the offer and the rest later. What do you think?"

I blinked once or twice and covered my gaping mouth with my hands. It couldn't be real. No.
I was happy but the whole thing seemed unreal.

"How do we know this isn't all just a scam?" Kris took the words from my mouth.
She was standing at the door for a while and I didn't even notice.
"It isn't. We can go to Vogue. Anywhere you want actually."
"So, if she accepts." Kris asked "What is actually happening?"

"She will be given ten percent of the pay off, exactly five hundred right now and she will be provided a flight to Los Angeles California and a personal agent who will guide her to anything. At the photo studio she will be given all the make up, accessories and wardrobe nedded for free, I'll take her photos,and send them to Vogue. Later, she will give an interview or basic things of her life, I will consider myself the interview to be none personal. ogue will publidh, she'll get the rest of the money and I'm more than sure that she, Demi, will make history."
"So are you in?" he asked smiling.

"Yes, I am."