XXVI - "Shades of Breaking Down"

listen to the song i put on the right while reading this. totally fits. just press play.
i'm sorry for not updating. and i'm sorry for the sad chapter.
my writings are based off my mood and yeah, there I go. i'm going to continue in the next chapter with the "six days before" part.

*Six Days Later*

'Hey..." a tear rolled in her cheek. "It's me, Kris." she carefully made her steps towards the bleeding human laying on the floor. "Re..R-Remember?" she slowly put a shaky hand on her shoulder.
Two horrified eyes landed on her but no move indeed.
She forced the urge to sob, merely putting on a smile.
"It's o-okay.." she whispered.
"He cheated." a cracky voice filled the air.
"It's gonna be oka-kay."
"He was the only one..."
"No, please.." the girl begged.
"He left me." she screamed and pushed her forcefully, making her fall.
"Everybody leaves." she screamed again taking hold on the knife.
Kris trembled, making slow moves backwards, tears covering her.
"D-d-"
"You are going to leave too!"
"N-no, I.."
"Liar!" she screamed sobbing.
"Please." the girl whispered.

"Demi, please."

She tightened her grip on the knife and stepped closer as the other female tried to get up.
"Please, Demi, enough. Please."
She shook her head and her bloody eyes lost direction.
"No."

A loud whimper came out harshly. She found herself with a tight cut and blood on her thigh, pain killing her soul.
She took the courage to stand up and get hold of the other female, hands blocking her wrists.
"Enough, Demi. Enough!" she yelled throwing the knife away, but the other one was too strong.
So she took one last stand with that much of strength left in her and pushed her best friend hard into the bathroom, forcefully dragging her into the shower.
Freezing cold water landed on the female, making her scream in top of her lungs, floor filling with shades of red substance. Shades of blood. Shades of breaking down.
Soon the terrified human stood herself on the cold ground, shivering and sobbing.

"Don't back down, Demi." Kris made her look into her eyes.
"Not yet. Not now." she stroked her cheeks. "You're one of us."
"You're a fucking cracked star. Time to shine what's left, fucker. Don't do this."
"He left me.. Harry left me..."
"Fuck him. Fuck him, Demi
. You're stronger than that."
"i... I hurt you."
"It wasn't you. It was the other Demi. The one nobody needs to see, ever again."
The girl's eyes filled with tears again and Kris had the urge to hug her, even though she was dripping wet and the pain in her thigh was killing her.
She quickly stopped the running water and stood her friend up.
"Come on, we need to get you cleaned up. Undress, I'm going to bring some towels."
"But Kris, your leg..."
"I'll put a bandage over it until we're done. Forget about it."
"I..I am so-"
"Shh. Forget about it." Kris interrupted her. "Do as I said."
The girl nodded and watched Kris walk away.

"We're back!" Mickey shouted happily, coming into the pale light that filled the empty house, Ian following him. Silence as they steps crack into the ground tightly.
Nobody ever answered.
Their faces dropped as they saw a Kris with arms and chest full of blood, ripped jeans and blood on her leg too, coming from the upper floor. She didn't spoke a word, but her red face and droppy eyes did.
She gulped down harshly at the two, trying to hold back from breaking down, but exploded into a loud sob, her shoulders shaking.
"Jesus, Kris..." Mickey softened and hugged her.
"I don't.. I can't, anymore." was all she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Six Days Before*

"This day is going beyond boring." I rolled my eyes washing the dishes.
"Totally." Kris nodded giving the coffee to an old man.
"You two shut up and go back to work." Mickey shouted taking a sip of his drink.
"Like we aren't working." I snapped at him and he showed off his middle finger.
"Um, Demi..." Kris gulped down.
"What?" I asked confused.
"Y-you might wanna see th-this." she pointed at the TV.

"Looks like bad boy celebrity Harry Styles got over his poor ghetto girlfriend. He and star Amanda Lanes were captured kissing in one of the most expensive restaurants in New York city today. The pair looked very happy while holding hands and drinking champagne..."

A video of them appeared on the screen. Harry smiling at her with an infinite happiness, kissing her hands.
A harsh pain hit my chest and my vision blurred. I could feel a hundred emotions building up inside me.
"Shit." Mickey whispered at Kris, both returning their eyes to me right after.
My breath fastened and I was out of words.

After all that happened. After everything.
It ended in one second.
Memories flashed to pieces in my mind and confusion filled my head.
This couldn't be true. But it was true. Harry was there with her.
Only when just three hours ago he called me to tell me he loved me...

But, did he really love me?