Puddy Tat.

"Do you recall the lesson I gave you on Animagous?"

A groan was heard from underneath the heaps of blankets.

"You wake me up in the middle of the night to ask that?"

"It is 4 o'clock in the morning. We need to leave soon. So, answer my question," Riddle stated with a slight impatience.

The girl was still half asleep.  She racked her numb brain to remember the lessons Riddle had drilled into her mind.

"Animagous, ability to turn into an animal, very complicated spell...something like that, right?" She mumbled while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

A long sigh was heard. After an interval of a few seconds, Maybelle was drenched in cold water all of a sudden. She didn't even get the time to react to the sudden drop in temperature. Her whole body was frozen and dripping wet. The shirt she had borrowed from Tom was stuck to her skin. She pulled the blanket around herself securely to cover her lady stuff.

"Are you out of your bloody mind?" She screamed at the top of her lungs. Tom didn't look fazed. He tilted his chin upwards, as if satisfied with the reaction, "Now that you are completely awake, we can discuss more pressing matters."

One.

Two.

Three.

I will murder him.

Four.

Slit his throat.

Five.

Strangle him to death.

Six.

Shove a whole-

"The spell, do you remember it?" Tom asked, interrupting her murderous thoughts.

"Why is this even necessary?" She grumbled angrily.

"Ah. I almost forgot how dense you can be at times," he paused and took a step towards her, "Your family and the Alliance is certainly after you. You cannot just waltz around in brought daylight. Hence, you need a disguise."

Maybelle gaped at him when she finally realised where this conversation was leading to. Then she burst into laughter.

"You think...you think...I can do the Animagous spell? Me?" She said and wiped a tear from under her eyes.

"Do you remember the spell?"he asked once again.

Maybelle rolled her eyes but nodded anyway. She did remember the spell but never tried it. She was scared of the effect her magic will have on it. The last thing she wanted was to be stuck with an animal head on top of her human body.

"Then we can proceed with the plan. Where is your wand?" The boy asked looking quite impatient.

Maybelle pointed towards her satchel. He fetched it for her and threw it at her face. She shot an icy glare towards him. Her hand shuffled inside the bag and soon she was holding a very familiar looking wand in between her thumb and pointer finger.

Riddle eyed the strange yet beautiful wand for a while, an unreadable look on his face.

"Hold you wand properly, Wright," he muttered but she ignored him.

"I don't think this is a good idea. What if I can't do it. What if something goes wrong and I get stuck inside the animal body forever?!"

Riddle glared down her her panic stricken face.

"Listen to me very carefully. You have two options. Either you follow my plan and we reach Hogwarts safely or you be a coward and get caught by the Alliance. You choice."