Chapter 38 - Hospital

My parents leave to get everything ready for the wedding and making sure our guests know it is still on.

I look over to Lorenzo as the door to the room closes behind my parents I can see his eyes are full of tears, he can not bare the though of loosing me 

"I fucking love you Emilia" Lorenzo says as he grabs me and kisses me, a tear of happiness falls from my cheek. I feel so overwhelmed. He will be my husband and I will be his wife. My heart feels like it is going to burst with love, excitement and happiness.

He pulls away from me and looks at me lovingly  

"You didn't have to save the Empire though Emilia" he says earnestly

"I did Lorenzo, not just for you but for me too! What else would we have done? Lived a normal life? What even is a normal life? Neither of us have ever been normal - you were the heir to an Empire, now you are the Don of the Martello Familia. I am the first born daughter of the Tradelli Familia descendant of the first council. In a matter of hours I will be Council to the Martello Familia and your wife. We are not normal Enzo we don't know how to be normal -"

He smiles and interrupts me with a passionate kiss, my body tingles with excitement, love and lust. I reach for him intertwining my fingers in his hair pulling it firmly bringing his tongue further into my mouth. I feel his heavy breath from his nose against my cheek as he kisses me. My urges for him surged inside of me. I want him. I feel my hips roll up with desire for him. His arms firmly resting either side of me on the bed.

Another knock at the door - for fuck sake!!! My hands slowly loosen from his hair and our lips part, both breathing heavily.

Sarah comes through the door, Lorenzo quickly turns his back to her. I see him adjust himself in his trousers before he turns back to face her. It makes me smile that he is as turned on by our kiss as I was.

"Right!" she says, smiling, choosing to politely ignore what she has just interrupted.

"That is all your paperwork signed, here are some pain meds for you. Remember if you start feeling any pain just take one it should kick in quickly. I have written my number on the bottle so if you need anything just give it all okay?-"

I nod to confirm what she has said.

"- Lets get all of these sensors off you-" she says slowly peeling them off of skin "Marco brought a bag of your stuff last night it's on the chair over there. You can shower here or have one at home. It is up to you" she finally removes the last sensor from my finger and moves away from the bed.

"So the wedding!!-" she has a huge smile on her face "I am so fucking excited you have no idea how much I have been looking forward to this!! We haven't had a wedding in the family for ages! Anyway I better let you guys go, I am sure you have lots of things you need to be getting on with"

She turns to walk back out of the door, before she leaves she calls over to Lorenzo

"Cousin! I look forward to the donation we receive from you for the hospital after this visit. I would love to get a physiotherapy pool built. Oh and Lorenzo be careful with her" she winks at me and smiles as closes the door behind her.

I let out a little laugh knowing exactly what she meant, it is going to be our wedding night after all.

I slowly sit myself up and slide my legs off the side of the bed, Lorenzo is by my side instantly his hands hovering not sure where to place them

"Are you okay?" he asks, scanning my body with his eyes rapidly.

"I am fine" I laugh for a cold blooded killer and Mafia Don he is cute when he freaks out