The Truth - Elijah (part 2)

The compound was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Blood dripped down your hand as you stared at the body of the man you once loved. You knew he would awaken, but a part of you felt bad as you looked on at his dead body.

"Y/N!" screamed Rebekah as she sped down the stairs towards you in confusion.

"How are you here? We thought you would be dead," she said and you looked at her with empty, angry eyes.

"Is that what you thought Bekah? You thought you got rid of me?" you said as you squared up with her.

"what are you talking about?!" exclaimed Rebekah. You simply rolled your eyes as you slapped her away with all your might. She flew into the pillar and knocked out. You turned back to the Mikaelsons who stood at the top fo the staircase.

"You all know what you did," you said and instead of speeding up the stairs, you walking slowly, almost taunting them.

"You watched as Elijah carried me out of that house, you stood by as he shut me in a tomb and left me there to rot. You all stood there and watched as my life was ripped away from me." you said calmly as you watched them, noticing how the way that they all seemed to begin to look confused as you spoke.

"What, pretending you don't remember? Acting as though you don't know what happened?" you said finally and lunged forward towards Kol. Even though he was older than you, you had the upper hand. You 700 years and the anger you felt meant that in an instant you had his head in your hands and you broke his neck.

You set your eyes on Niklaus, not caring about the eyes that were in you. you rushed towards him, but his hybrid strength was too much for you.

"Calm down Y/N!" said Klaus, but you kept struggling against him.

"No!" you screamed as you managed to get him off and thrown down the corridor. Niklaus looked around frantically and then spotted his older sister who had ran out of your path.

"Freya, put her down now!" exclaimed Niklaus roughly as you had made another attempt to attack him.

With a wave of her hand and muttered spell, you had been knocked out cold, once again.

.
.
.

You woke with a start, and tried to sit up but a weight seemed to be holding you down. Your head shot around frantically as you thought you were once again chained up, but you were met with the sight of nothing but an invisible force holding you down. You struggled, grunting to get up and this alerted the people you once called family.

The first person you noticed was Elijah, who cautiously walked towards you were you lay on a couch in the compound centre. You jared your fangs at him, and he raised his hands to show he came in peace.

"Y/N," he began, "I need you to calm down for me. I can explain everything if you would just listen,"

"There is nothing to explain," you spat angrily, "I put all my trust in you and your family and you proceeded to lock me away."

To Elijah, this hurt more than you knew. All the time you were together, you had become a part of their small family, solidifying it in ways that had not been felt since before they were turned.

"If you would just listen, you would understand that what we did was necessary," sighed Kol, who for once looked almost too grown up for his demenour.

"No! Do you not understand me?! I don't want to listen to your lies anymore!" betrayal stepped through your voice as you fought back tears for the first time since awakening. Your anger was making you emotional and you silently cursed yourself for that.

"You tried to kill me, y/n," said Rebekah quietly. Ever since you had attacked her she ahd been silent but now she spoke on the softest voice anyone had heard from her. You were stunned into silence, trying to decide if you believed her or not but she continued speaking anyway.

"I woke up to find my fiance dead next to me and you holding a white oak stake over my heart. I had no choice but to call them to help me," she said.

"You're lying," you breathed out but Elijah shook his head as he sank down onto his knees in front of you.

"It's true, y/n. It seemed as if you had gone mad. You attacked us as we came into Rebekah's room, and we had to physically restrain you or else you would have really killed one of us," he said and you shook your head once more, with more tears forming behind your eyes.

"No, no. I-I would've remembered this. All I've done for the last 300 years was replay that night over and over in my head," you said softly. Every member of the family who knew you also looked emotional now.

"it's true, y/n," began Niklaus. "We found out from our mother just before her death about what she had done. She had cursed you and sent you on a killing spree in order to get rid of us,"

"We managed to subdue you and find a witch to lock you away," said Rebekah. "We didn't want to hurt you y/n, I swear on my life."

"it's true, my love," said Elijah and the term of endearment made the tears finally start rolling down your cheeks.  "I had every intention of removing you from your prison, but Esther, sh-she removed the location of your tomb from out memories. It was only today when I saw your again did I remember just who you were and what happened. I think the same can be said for my siblings,"

"I-I..." you stuttered out but no words seemed to form.

"It seemed as though our mother put you under some sort of bewitchment that made you think that we had hurt you for no reason, but we would never do that y/n." insisted Kol.

Your actions were the reason for your imprisonment. The family hadn't suddenly decided that they hated you. They had every reason to hate you and yet here they sat, with tears in their eyes and forgiveness in their hearts in front of you.

You watched as Elijah looked over to the unknown blonde who was also there and gave her a gentle nod. All at once, the invisible chains that bound you were gone and you sat up quickly.

To others, this would looks like a threat, but Elijah knew you well.

You threw yourself into him, and he wrapped his arms around you. Sobs racked your body as you held onto him for dear life and you could hear the sobs of Rebekah, the closest thing you had to a sister, close to you.

"I-I'm so sorry, I'm sorry," you repeated over and over until Elijah finally shushed you.

"No, I am sorry my love, for allowing this to happen to you and for allowing my mother to interfere in our lives," said Elijah as he gently rubbed his hands soothingly down your back.

He pressed a chaste kiss onto your head as he put his hands on the side of your face to stare into your eyes.

" I promise you, that form here on out, I will protect you, always and forever."

.
.
.

lmao @me making myself cry. but I hope you enjoyed it.

I want to start writing more imagines again, so feel free to leave your prompts/ideas in the comments.

Anyway, love you guys, bye.