"Your side is looking good Bonnie, it's healed up really well."

Bonnie was stood inside Denise and Tara's home, for a regular check up on her wound.

"Sometimes it hurts a bit when I'm training with Rosita, but other than that it feels good." Bonnie made eye contact with Denise and the doctor nodded her head "Don't stress too much, you won't reopen it so you can go back to normal run duties and whatever else."

Bonnie pulled down her shirt and nodded "I think I'm going to go on a run in a couple of days, look for some things for the community and Maggie with her pregnancy."

A knock at the door startled the women, the pitch black outside world warranted a time of rest and quietness, though the knocking interrupted this.

"Who the hell could that be?" Tara muttered and Bonnie stood up, pulling her shirt down to cover her stomach as Denise and Tara stood before the door as the doctor pulled it open.

"Sorry to wake you up."

Rick's struggling voice pulled Bonnie towards the door, peering over Tara's shoulder to see Rick and Daryl carrying a tied up man.

"Who the hell is that?" Bonnie asked, eyes wide and the two males looked at her "What are you doing here?" Daryl asked the blonde and she made eye contact with him "I had guarding duty along the wall this afternoon, then came past so Denise could check up on my side."

"But who the hell is that?" Bonnie hissed, pushing in between Denise and Tara gently, to see the man had a beard and long brown locks, he looked kind of like Jesus.

"C'mon man he's heavy." Daryl grunted, adjusting his grip and looking over at Denise "T-That thing you told us about, it didn' work out, it's this assholes fault, sorry."

The three women moved aside as Rick and Daryl carried the mystery man into the infirmary "Put him on a bed, I'll take a look at him."

Bonnie followed them back into the house, closing the door behind her and following the males over to the table that the mystery man was placed on.

"Rough day?" Bonnie asked, leaning against the frame of the doorway as Denise checked his pupils and body for any injuries.

"Hijacked a van we found, full of food." Rick informed her and she chuckled "He looks a bit like Jesus." Daryl and Rick looked at one another and Daryl let out s scoff of amusement.

"Everythin' good here while we were gone?" Rick asked, and Bonnie nodded "Nothing exciting unfortunately." Rick nodded at her words.

"How's your side?" Daryl asked, motioning to her shirt.

She lifted it up to show the scar "It hurts a little bit sometimes, but it's nothing I can't handle." Bonnie sent her partner an assuring smile as Denise stood back from the man on the table "He seems fine, no serious head injuries, broken bones."

Rick and Daryl grabbed the man and walked him over to the community's 'jail' you could say, with Bonnie in tow.

"He seems nice and all." Bonnie spoke as she handed Daryl a plastic cup full of water, and he placed it on the ground beside him.

"He wasn't so nice when he stole our supplies, now its all in the bottom of a lake." Daryl responded and stood up, walking towards Bonnie as Rick placed a note beside the man.

"Guess we'll have to see tomorrow." Rick added to which Bonnie nodded, looking over at the man with a sigh.

"C'mon, lets go get some sleep." Bonnie whispered, reaching out and taking hold of Daryl's hand "We'll meet here tomorrow morning, wake him up and get some answers." Rick ordered and Bonnie and Daryl nodded their heads, before the trio filed out of the room and onto the streets to head home.

"You sure you're okay?" Daryl asked Bonnie softly, noticing that with every step she winced slightly.

"I don't know, it's healed fine I think I still have some internal issues." She responded, rubbing her forehead "Denise cleared me though, so I'm going to go back on runs in a couple of days."

Bonnie took hold of Daryl's hand, letting her other hand rest on his bicep "You can come too if you want, it will just be me." She added and he nodded "We'll see."

The pair arrived home, walking into the dark and up the stairs though the sound of sniffling and crying alarmed Bonnie.

She felt her heart leap out of her chest, and Daryl tensed up.

Bonnie pushed open the door to their room, and there lay Frankie with tear stricken cheeks.

"Hey, hey what's the matter?" Bonnie cooed softly, turning on the light and walking towards her niece.

Daryl stood in the doorway, unsure of what to do and just watched Bonnie care for her niece.

"I-I had a nightmare, and you weren't h-here." Frankie sobbed, reaching out for her Aunt, arms grabbing onto Bonnie.

The older blonde sat on the edge of the bed, bringing her niece into her arms tightly and running her hand up and down Frankie's back softly.

"Shh, it's ok, I'm here now. I'm sorry." Bonnie sighed and closed her eyes, resting her cheek on the top of Frankie's head.

Bonnie heard the door click shut, and the bed dip beside her "You okay Frank?" Daryl's gruff voice made the little girl lift her head up and off her Aunt's shoulder, her teary green eyes looked up at Daryl.

"No." She responded in a small voice "What was your dream about?" Bonnie asked, looking at the side of Frankie's face and wiping away her tear stained cheeks.

"Aunt Bonnie you died, and Daryl left and I was all alone and the w-walkers were coming to get me." Frankie recalled and Bonnie frowned.

"Remember all the training you've had?" Daryl asked in a soft voice that made Bonnie look over at him in such admiration and awe.

His transformation from when they first met, to now, absolutely astonished the girl.

Bonnie felt Frankie nod "Remember to aim for the head! Like this." Daryl grabbed a pillow and hit it across Bonnie's head hard, but not hard enough to hurt.

Frankie's giggle's filled the room as Bonnie's jaw dropped in surprise at his actions.

"You did not." Bonnie made eye contact with Daryl who had a small smirk on his lips.

Frankie crawled over towards Daryl, and wrapped her small arms around his neck "Thanks Uncle Daryl."

Bonnie felt her heart throb at the sight.

Daryl felt his heart skip a beat at the girl's words.

They were a family.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to like!
Okay the finale was SO GOOD! Now we have only one season left and it's over 💔💔