THIRTY SEVEN.

MORNING came slowly, rolling in like the army and the distant heavy booms of thunder could be heard that bought a pit of excitement to Bonnie, though one of fear for Frankie.

"That is one hell of a storm rolling through." Bonnie exclaimed, a large though tired grin on her lips "Be here in about thirty minutes or so." She told Rick as she sharpened the blade of her knife slowly, while her and Rick leaned up against a tree.

Rick looked across to the girl with slightly raised eyebrows "How are you sure?" Her eyes never left her blade, caressing the sharp, yet beautiful edges.

"When you see lightening, you count," she paused and looked up, pulling her hair into a low ponytail to keep it out of her damp face "how ever many seconds you count, is how far away, roughly, the storm is."

This made Rick look up at the rollings clouds in the distance, that had an awful dark grey gloom to it.

Bonnie stood up with a grunt "Frankie." she called, and the little blonde patted over "We're going for a walk, come on." She stated, before turning and trekking into the woods beside them, with the little blonde in tow.

Rick scoffed gently, the two blondes always amazed him.

\/

Bonnie and Frankie rejoined the group a little over twenty minutes later, to see them all stood around something.

The sound of their footsteps alerted the group, where Daryl spun around and aimed his crossbow at the girls.

Bonnie raised her hands with an exhausted exhale "What's going on?" She asked and walked forward, spotting the bottles and jugs of water on the ground and her jaw slacked.

"From a friend." Rick muttered as he gave the note to Bonnie, who quickly looked around the group and into the woods.

"What else are we gonna do?" Tara asked tiredly, rifle at the ready for any sudden attack on the group "Not this." Rick replied, eyes scanning the woods must as Bonnie and Daryl kept searching for any sign.

"If that's a trap, we already happen to be in it." Eugene spoke up, eyes intensely staring at the water as the group all looked dishevelled and tired.

"But I for one would indeed like to think it is from a friend." "What if it isn't? They put somethin' in it?" Carol spoke up as Bonnie looked at Eugene, watching as he walked forward and picked up a bottle and unscrewed the cap, bringing it up to his lips.

"Eugene-" As she stepped forward, Abraham stomped over and knocked the water bottle rather harshly out of his hands, the precious liquid spilling on the ground.

"Hey! Settle the hell down." She exclaimed with wide eyes as she looked at Abraham, "Pull your heads in, this is the last thing we should be doing." The tall redhead retreated at Bonnie's words, back behind Rick.

"We can't." Rick growled lowly as Bonnie stood back, taking ahold of Frankie's small hand and giving her an assuring squeeze as the low grumble of thunder made her grin "Told you it'd be here." She looked at Rick as little droplets fell.

The relief flooded over the group, the sounds of laughter and excitement soon filled the thunder and rain filled air as Frankie jumped around excitedly with Glenn, leaving Bonnie to fall to her knees.

She sat back wrapping her arms around her bent knees and observed the group as the thunder only got louder, and louder, with the wind picking up considerably.

Bonnie stood up with a stumble "We need to go, now." She yelled and turned to look at Daryl "There's a barn." He yelled and Bonnie nodded in agreement "Where?" Rick yelled as the others began gathering their things hurriedly.

Daryl turned and took off, with everyone following through the woods, towards the barn that Bonnie, Frankie and Daryl had found the other day.

The rain fell heavier as the group ran towards the barn and branches hit Bonnie in the face and all over her body, causing her to hiss as they finally reached the barn.

Bonnie gripped Frankie's hand tightly, pulling her in front of her as they reached the outside of the barn "Stay here, we'll clear inside."

Bonnie nodded, holding Frankie between her and Michonne as Rick, Carol, Daryl and Maggie slowly filed in and cleared the barn.

"It's good, come on in!" Rick yelled over the rolling thunder and lightening.

Bonnie walked through the door with Frankie in front of her before she was stopped "Woah hey, that don' look so good." She looked to her right and seen Daryl, his eyes on her forehead.

"What?" The blonde asked confused, before she lifted her hand and wiped her forehead, though hissed in pain as she felt a decent sized cut on her forehead "C'mere." Daryl grunted, slinging his crossbow over his shoulder, pulling Bonnie to sit on a wooden crate.

Bonnie squinted in pain as her hand rested on the side of her face as Daryl lifted a cloth up to her face, dabbing gently. The girl retracted suddenly and Daryl froze "Sorry." She shook her head as he continued to gently dab the blood away to get a better view of the cut.

"It won't need stitches, but you'll get a pretty badass scar." He smirked causing Bonnie to chuckle "Are we gonna talk about yesterday?" She asked him softly and he stopped dabbing her forehead.

"Nah." He curtly responded and Bonnie nodded her head and shut her eyes defeatedly "This is going to hurt." He mumbled and wiped the cut, cleaning any dirt and grime out of it to prevent an infection.

Bonnie gasped at the pain, grabbing Daryl's bicep tightly, while he held Bonnie down by her thigh "Fucking christ." She whimpered as Daryl reached over towards the bag in search of clean gauze.

Had it been any other time, Bonnie would have blushed a furious tomato red at the placement of Daryl's hand, though the pain said otherwise.

"Here." Bonnie's voice interrupted the red neck's search as she ripped some of the material of her tank top off, revealing some of her stomach as she handed the piece to Daryl.

He grabbed it and wrapped the material around Bonnie's head tightly though also gently and she sighed "Thanks Daryl." She muttered just low enough for the pair of them to hear and he nodded.

What a day it had been.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to like.