THIRTY SIX.

DARYL had shocked himself with his actions, though Bonnie was just as shocked with hers.

She pulled away from the kiss, breathing slightly heavier as her eyes fluttered open, and she dropped her arms by her side "I was not expecting that." She breathed out with a chuckle and a blush that spread like wildfire.

Daryl dropped his arms quickly, adjusting the strap of his crossbow on his shoulder "We should get back." He mumbled, swallowing hard and his eyes remained anywhere but the woman in front of him.

Bonnie cleared her throat and nodded "Y-Yeah lets head back." With that, the blonde turned and walked ahead of the man with a defeated gaze on her face.

Was he not happy with that kiss? Did Bonnie do something wrong? Her mind was so preoccupied that a hand pulled her roughly to the side "What the fu-" she was shushed by Daryl, as straight ahead she could see around four or five dogs snarling and growling at the rest of their group.

"Dinner." He muttered and quietly walked towards them.

\/

Although Bonnie felt bad, the dog had been a welcomed interest of food.

Bonnie had finished her meal as she sat with baby Judith in her arms, Frankie to her right and Rosita, Glenn and Maggie to her left.

Bonnie's face held a giant grin as she looked down at the infant, reminding her of when Frankie was just a little baby too "You were this size once." Bonnie looked at Frankie as the girl ate her food silently.

"What happened?" Bonnie sighed dramatically as Frankie gasped "Hey!" the girl called and Bonnie laughed "You were cute, you still are." Bonnie assured the girl and she huffed.

"What is Australia like?" Maggie asked as she rested her hand on Glenn's knee, a signature Maggie grin on her lips. Bonnie's eyes widened for a moment "Where do I begin!"

"Is it true that you guys have like thousands of species of spiders that can kill you?" Bonnie shuddered at the mention of the eight legged creatures.

"That is the one thing I don't miss about home, the spiders, my god. Give me a walker any day, but a spider is where I draw the line." Glenn chuckled as he shovelled food into his mouth.

"The sporting culture in Australia was incredible." Rosita, Maggie and Glenn nodded along "Growing up at home, you played a sport. Whether it be AFL, cricket, rugby, netball, field hockey, basketball, anything, you were always surrounded by sport."

The others could see the glimmer and passion in her eyes as she spoke of her home, the happiness pooled across her face "In the winter it's cold, but it doesn't snow, summer is fucking hot."

"So you've never seen snow before?" Rosita asked her and Bonnie shook her head, pursing her lips "Never."

Maggie, Glenn and Rosita looked shocked "My favourite part about summer was that christmas was in the warmth." The group looked over at her before they were cut off by Frankie's little voice.

"Where do babies come from?" The all important question made Glenn choke on his food and stun Bonnie, as Maggie, Tara and Rosita laughed hysterically.

Bonnie lifted her hand up to cover her face from her grin at the girl "Yeah Aunty Bonnie, where do babies come from?" Maggie pushed with a giggle, causing Bonnie to blush from embarrassment.

By now, the whole group was looking over and tuning into the conversation "Uhh," Bonnie looked around with wide eyes, almost pleading for help.

"It's when you bump uglies!" A drunk Abraham added and Bonnie sent the man a playful glare, to which he rolled over and fell asleep.

"Bump uglies?" Frankie questioned and Bonnie sighed with a chuckle.

"You can figure that out when you are forty five." Bonnie smiled, leaning forward and kissing Frankie on the head as the group erupted into laughs.

"What? I can't have a boyfriend till I'm forty-five!?" Her bewilderment made Bonnie giggle softly with a shake of her head "Boyfriends and girlfriends are yucky." Bonnie scrunched her nose up and shook her head in fake disgust.

The interaction of the aunt and niece were being watched closely by Daryl, who sat by his lonesome self. He felt embarrassed by kissing the blonde earlier, why he did was beyond him and he did not know how to address it.

"Why are they yucky?" Frankie pouted and Bonnie sighed looking around "See look at Maggie and Glenn, Maggie is so pretty and strong just like you." She paused as she thought, biting her lip as she still cradled Judith in her arms.

"And Glenn," Bonnie paused as a lopsided grin shot up on her face "Glenn has cooties." Glenn looked genuinely hurt as Maggie giggled and pulled a disgusted face.

With that, everyone slowly descended to sleep, if they could possibly get to sleep at all, hopeful that tomorrow would bring something good after all their bad luck.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to like!