FAMILY

Theme song-- Bruises by Lewis Capaldi

*SAM*

It’s been two weeks since my mom passed and the days could not drag on any slower. I stood by my window staring out into space. I heard a knock on my door and jolted back to reality. I turned to see who it was and saw Hunter at the door. He stood there looking effortlessly gorgeous in his black tshirt and black pants. He wore a black pair of Jordan and his hair was all over the place giving him just woke up look.

I managed a smile as he walked up to me. He lifted me up and I tried to steady my hands so the hot coffee wouldn’t spill on his perfect face or on my beautiful floor. He held me up and looked into my eyes.

“You still haven’t gotten any sleep” he stated

Is it that obvious? What am I saying? I haven’t slept since that day at the hospital and only got few hours of sleep when ever Hunter came by. His chest was like a sleeping pill.

“I can’t fall asleep Hunter” I replied
His eyes softened and he placed me down on my feet. He held my chin and a kiss on my chin. I blushed slightly before pulling my cup to my lips to hide my reaction.

We were burying my mom today and I still haven’t seen her since the day at the hospital. Her body looked so pale and lacking life. Her lips looked so pale and unlike her. She always applied lipstick on, said they brought a pop of colour to a women’s lips. I could not bare to see her again but today I had to. To tell her one last goodbye. I felt my hand entwined with another and I looked down to see Hunter holding my hand as he looked at me giving me a slight smile. I smiled back and he squeezed my hand lightly.

“You’re gonna be okay" he said reassuringly and I smiled.

Chase had been the one making preparation and I could not help but feel sad for him carrying everything on his shoulder. I sometimes hear him crying at night when he was alone and sometimes when he was with Hayley. He must miss her more because they were inseparable till he went off to school and even after then they still hung out alone having long discussions.

I made my was to my bathroom to get prepared and when I came out Joe was already in my room. I had dressed him up before going back to my room. He looked so cute in his mini black suite and trousers with perfect combed hair and new shoes.

“Why are you taking so long?” he whined.

“What a gentleman you are" I complimented brushing his hair again
He just blushed at the compliment and I smiled back.

I pulled out my black gown going to the bathroom to wear it on. I put on some earning and the necklace Hunter gave to me with the black shoes he bought for me at Brazil. I brushed my straight hair and applied some concealer over my black eye so it wouldn’t look so obvious. I stepped out and Hunter smiled at me.

“You look gorgeous” he said sincerely.

“Thank you" I replied with a small smile.

We made our way downstairs and I called Chase.

“Hello Sam" he answered. He sounded stressed.

“Hey Chase. We are on our way" I replied.

“Okay. See you soon" he answered and I nodded immediately remembering he could not see me.

“Okay. Bye" I replied before ending the call.

The church was not full. Just some of my mom’s friends and relatives seated around. Some of the neighbours too came. Chase gave a speech and soon we finished with the service and soon filled out for the reception. Chase followed them with her casket and Hunter, joe and Hayley I followed to the burial ground to in a different car.