Chapter 5 - My One and Only

Your POV:

AN// if anything is in italics, it means your character is saying those things.

After I got home from dinner, I immediately collapse on my bed before picking up my phone, and scrolling through tiktok. Of course my for you page was edits of Tommy, Tubbo, and Wilbur. I don't know how long it was before I fell asleep.
8:37am
That's what the clock said when I woke up. To be honest, I have no idea what time I fell asleep I just know it was after 8:00pm. I get out of my bed and look at my phone that I still have in my hand from the night before.

'Tommy'
'1 message'

What what?
I open the text:

Tommy:
'I was thinking we could walk around the block later tonight cause you don't know the area that well'

Y/N:
'I'd love to, we still got to unpack a little bit I'll text you tonight when I can go'

Tommy:
'See you later'

I smile a little before going down stairs to get something to eat. I get some Cheerios and bacon and call it at that since I'm not as hungry. I start to unpack my things to go in my room. My room feels so boring. The walls are a light gray color. I could do anything I wanted with this. You decide to do some online shopping for some decor. Then I remembered, curtains. That is the first thing I ordered. I also bought some white and gray furniture and decor because I wanted my room to be light and cozy. I finish unpacking my room around 7:39pm. Dang, I was doing that for awhile. Well I was on my phone for almost the entire thing. You text Tommy:

Y/N:
'You wanna leave now'

He responds almost immediately:

Tommy:
'Yep'

He always made me smile, even when he was doing absolutely nothing. I hated it but also loved it at the same time. I went down the the stair and out of the house, and Tommy walked out a few seconds after me. I start off by saying, "you ready?" "Yeah." We started walking down the street no intentions of going anywhere. "So... where are we going?" "I don't know, I thought we could just walk around for a little bit. I promise, I know my way around the area." He lets out a small laughs and you try to keep yourself from smiling.

We kept walking down the street and I told him about what it was like in America and talked about my friends little bit. I had only known tell me for two days now, but I feel like I've known him for so much longer because we clicked so well. We walk for a little bit longer until we get to a park that was right down the street from our house, about a 7 minute walk.
"The park?" "yeah, it's beautiful at sunset." "Sounds cool." "Come on, let's sit on that bench over there." He points to a bench in an open area and we both go to sit down on it. It faces towards the sunset so it was perfect. I have only known him for 2 days, and I didn't want to bring up his twitch streaming but I also really wanted to know. "Do you... like streaming so much?" "Yeah of course, it can get stressful at times but I love doing it. Maybe one day you can stay in my room while I stream." "Maybe, and thanks for being my friend. If I didn't have you, things would be a lot worse." "Don't thank me, you're really cool, and it gives me someone else to talk to now. I kinda needed some one as chill as you." He looked at me and smiled. And without even trying, I smiled back.

It gets quiet, but not the awkward kind of silence, this was more comfortable. As the sun starts to set even more, I lay my head on his shoulder and watch the sunset.

Butterflies in my stomach, shit.

Time skip: 2 weeks mid July:
Still y/n POV:

Since I've moved to the UK, i've hung out with Tommy almost every day of the summer, I know it has only been two weeks, but have hung out a lot. Every Sunday night, we both walk to the park and watch the sunset. And I hope we can do that the rest of summer. It's around 8:30pm on a Monday night, when, I get a text from Tommy saying to come over. I tell my mom, "I'm going over to Tommy's!" "Okay! You can stay over for however long you want, just be safe. I love you, have fun!" I hear my mom yell as I walk out of the house. I knock on the door to his house and his mom answers telling me to go upstairs to his room. I open and the door, and Tommy is sitting in his chair setting up his stream on his computer.

"You ready to watch me stream today." "I thought I was gonna wait a little bit longer." "Nope. Your gonna watch it live from my bedroom, and after we can watch a movie or something." "cool" "one thing, just stay quiet cause I don't want my chat asking weird questions." "What type of questions?" I say with a smirk. He knows exactly what I'm doing and ignores me so he can continue to set up his stream before he starts. I sit on his bed waiting for him to start the stream. I don't need to watch it on my phone cause Tommy is right in front of me.
He starts off with, "SUP CHAT!". I smile a little, it's so natural for him, it's like a whole another person. He is also really good streaming, you can tell he has been doing this for awhile. You wanted to watch him play, but everything about him was so distracting for you. His hair, his eyes, the way he smiles, his laugh, oh my god his laugh. How could someone be so perfect? I need to stop. He is just my friend, and I don't want to mess that up. He is my one and only friend.

After 2 hours of him streaming, he finally gets off. I was focused on him, but when he stood up, I snapped out of my trance, and he laid down next to me so we were both laying on the bed before he asked, "what do you want to watch?" "I don't know, you can pick whatever." Of course he picks out one of his own videos. As you started watching it, you didn't care about the Tommy on the screen, you wanted to watch the one right next to you. I look up at him. The way he admires his own videos, I can tell he loves what he is doing. I hadn't even watched 10 minutes of his video, when I start to fall asleep right next to him. Without even realizing it, I snuggle right up next to Tommy and put my head on his chest before fully closing my eyes. The last thing I remember before passing out, was feeling him put his arm around me and bringing me closer to his body.

I had never slept better in my life.