Chapter 4 - Dinner Night

No way it's actually him
What are the chances

"Tommy, these are the new neighbors from America, the Y/L/N. I invited them over for dinner" Mrs. Simmons said.
You both made eye contact for a few seconds before he quickly said "hey, I'm Tommy." You try to remain calm and confident like you usually are, "Hey, I'm Y/N." You look up and give him a small smile. "You two can go up to Tommy's room because dinner still needs about another 15 minutes."

You and Tommy walk up to his room. When you get to his room,  he sits on his bed and you see his gaming setup and say, "Nice setup, tommyinit." He looks up at you confused, but then realizes. "I'm guessing you watch me or know who I am then" "Well, I know who you are, but I don't watch you that much. My friends from America do tho, they'd go crazy right now". He looks at you with a smirk on his face, "What can I say, women love me." He says that as you laugh and sit down at his setup and pull out your phone. You notice a missed FaceTime call from your best friend Sophia. You immediately call her back and she picks up almost immediately. You hear three loud screams and know exactly who those screams belong to. Lily, Sophia, and Molly. "Y/N! We miss you!" "How is the UK?" "Have you met anyone yet?" You quickly respond with "Everything is great, I miss you too!" When Tommy heard the screams he looks up concerned. "What was that?" He asked. You look at him and say, "Sorry, they are my friends from the US." The second those words fall out of your mouth, you knew you messed up because now your friends knew you were with a boy, and they are going to want to know who that boy is. "Who is that!" "Did you get a boyfriend already?" Lily screams. You motion Tommy to come over and show his face to your friends, but when he does your friends giggles and laughs go to dead silence.

"No way..." is the only thing you hear before they all start screaming. "YOU MET TOMMYINIT?!?" "ARE YOU IN HIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW?!?" "DOES THAT MEAN MY BFF IS DATING TOMMYINIT?!?" After hearing that last question you start blushing really hard till your face is bright red, but you still try and respond without your friends interrupting with a ton of questions. "He- he is my neighbor! We met earlier today and we are just... friends?" You look to Tommy and ask, "Are we friends?" He nods and says, "yeah, we are... American." You laugh and look back to your phone and say to your friends, "we are friends, so I have one friend so far." You look up at Tommy and smile. He smiled back. "Hey y/n, I know we couldn't talk for long, but we are all at school right now, and we have to get to class. We will talk soon though." "Yeah of course, I love you byeeee." Before hanging up Molly yells out, "And have fun with Tommy!" You hear laughs from the other end of the phone, and then hang up, blushing like crazy. You nervously laugh, "S-Sorry about that." He starts to laugh a little, "It's fine, it was really funny." You both look at each other for a few seconds before you hear Tommy's mom yell, "Y/N, Tommy, dinner is ready!" That was a quick 15 minutes. Before you open the door Tommy grabs your wrist, "wait uh- can I get your phone number?" You smile, "yeah, I'd love that."  You both exchange numbers and you see he named your contact, "American". You smile when you see it, and you both start to walk downstairs. How did we get along to so well, we have only known each other for 15 minutes and we are already getting along so well.

After dinner, your family is getting ready to leave, but before you leave you say to Tommy, "I'll text soon cause I don't have many friends here, and if I want to see you I can just throw something at your window to get you attention since our rooms are across from each other." He laughs, "Of course, and we can hang out sometime too. I'll see you later American." You laugh before you and your family leave, and walk back home.

American.
He gave me a nickname and I love it.

AN// I really like how everything is going so far, but it may take me a day to decide where I wanna go with the story but I'll have another part out by Friday 11/13